Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vsm Called Today

Rate this topic

Stretch

• In Memoriam

VSM called me today and said that VA has granted my PTSD/Depression 100% P&T back to 11/2002. She asked me which other claims, that I have, that I would like to pursue.

My Son got married yesterday and one of my Aunts died. I am so depressed that I can not get excited or even grieve.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

That's great news Stretch.

Congratulations!

No news about Shad?

Allan

PS....sorry to hear about your loss.

Edited by allan

Mike-that is news that is both Wonderful and horrible-

I am so sorry for the death and send congrats for the son's marriage-

and I know exactly how you feel------------

I received some very good news recently on a personal matter- and cannot even seem to react to it-

with the VA monkey always on my back-----

The again every time I succeeded in my claims-the exaustion hit me with the realization that-

since I got the award anyhow- why did they fight me for so long-

this is Great news ---and I too am anxious as to how they handle the SHAD claim-

Your reaction- to me a former vet center PTSD group member-is absolutely normal----

too many rollercoaster rides in a disabled vets life render them unable to react at all sometimes.

That is PTSD and Finally the VA figured out you have it-100% bonafide and certified-P & T-

they should have a special SMC award for vets like you -based not on the rating schedule-

based on

throwing in extra monthly comp for all the aggravation you and other vets have incurred from the VA itself.

SMAA Special Monthly Aggravation Award.

I am very happy for you and it will hit you- and then you will relax and maybe can enjoy it.

Stretch,congratulation on your victory in winning your claim,but sorry for your loss,hang in there and everything will get better.

mobie16r

Guest terrysturgis

Stretch, congrats on the good news and sorry to hear the bad news. The retro is going to be a nice check. Take care. Terry Sturgis

• HadIt.com Elder

Stretch, I want to say CONGRATS on your victory for your 100%, you deserve it friend, hopefully your son made the right choice, hell I did five times lol, and your Aunt all I can say is it was probably her turn, none of us are getting any younger, she's in a place where she is not in pain and hopefully she is at peace, hopefully you will find some peace also, but with the monkey of PTSD on it, it is hard, many of us have that monkey with us, but you should be able to eat better now, you won't have to worry about paying next months electric bill anymore. Mike