Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Received A Letter From My Psychiatrist

Rate this question

Billyboy

Question

I am connected for 50% MDD, 10% tinnitus and 0%hearinf loss. I have applied for 100% Unemployability and have been turned down. I sent in a NOD and have not received an answer. Will this letter from my Psychiatrist help me? How should I handle this, wait for an answer or mail it in now?

Mr. ******** has been under my care for long history of mood disorder and has been complaint with his treatment. He has been suffering from depression and anxiety in addition to his physical condition related to chronic back pain, neck pain, fibromyalgia, arthritis and hypertension. He seems to be unable to hold any gainful employment.

Signed, Staff Psychiatrist

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

It will only help if the doctor states the nexus to the SC MDD with a medical rationale.

This thread has helped me understand what a letter from a psychiatrist needs to say.

Can i post one of the letters from my shrink with names X'd out for feedback, or is that a waste of bandwith?

Thanks for all!

Wolf

• HadIt.com Elder

Wolf,

Please post your psychiatric opinion.

Some of us trying to secure benefits would benefit greatly from your post. We can help each other.

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

Post the opinion and maybe we can point out problems with it so you don't get jacked up by the VA on half a sentence they take out of context. They will do it because they did it to me. The VA is good at cherry picking an opinion and taking some facts or observations out to deny a claim. That is why when you send them your SSA records you want to be sure their is nothing in them to suggest that you are unemployable due to NSC reasons. It is true with any medical, social, or employment facts you give them. They will try and use any loose ends against you. I sometimes wonder how any of us ever got service connected for anything given the adversarial nature of the beast.

John is right. If One of those listed conditions are not SC that letter will work against you.

The Doc must say you are unemployable due to your SC conditions if the other non-SC conditions are not considered.

Time