Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssa Disability Letters

Rate this question

DOCRLWHMCMSW

Question

Greetings to All

Does anyone know the quickest method to get copies of the veterans SSA Disability letter???

Is there a particular form number for this. I have tried the SSA 800 number, and ran into a "brick wall" as far as what is the best way to get copies of this.

Does the VA have a direct line to SSA to get these files for IU claims, or should the Veteran get involved in trying to get copies of these.

Your assistance in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Doc

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Any evidence submitted under oath, is evidence of record.

The quickest way to get your SSA records, Medical Records etc reconized and of record, you may request a "FORMAL", local hearing at the VARO in writing .

Once you get swarn in, you may submit your evidence they requested and put a stop to years of waiting.

For every action requested, it may take a year for before you hear anything. It will take six months to a year for a disicion is reached, once they recieve what they want, or a signed statement by the agency that those records are destroyed or can not be found.

If you get the brush off at the SSA window, request to see their supervisor.

Allan

Allan

• HadIt.com Elder

You can also notarize evidence you wiah to submit.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Greetings to All

Does anyone know the quickest method to get copies of the veterans SSA Disability letter???

Is there a particular form number for this. I have tried the SSA 800 number, and ran into a "brick wall" as far as what is the best way to get copies of this.

Does the VA have a direct line to SSA to get these files for IU claims, or should the Veteran get involved in trying to get copies of these.

Your assistance in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Doc

I called the regional office and put in a request for my records. They said it would be about 30 days.

It is well that war is so terrible, least we grow too fond of It. General Robert E Lee

I suggest even calling the SSA main office in Baltimore to make sure the VA sent them the authorization form and did attempt to get them

VA claimed they had made many requests to SSA for my husbands SSA files- This was not true- they never requested them at all.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.