Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssa Disability Letters

Rate this question

DOCRLWHMCMSW

Question

Greetings to All

Does anyone know the quickest method to get copies of the veterans SSA Disability letter???

Is there a particular form number for this. I have tried the SSA 800 number, and ran into a "brick wall" as far as what is the best way to get copies of this.

Does the VA have a direct line to SSA to get these files for IU claims, or should the Veteran get involved in trying to get copies of these.

Your assistance in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Doc

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

When you were approved for SSDI did not you get a letter? If not I would go to my nearest SSA office and request a copy of my records. This is quicker than waiting for the VA to get around to asking for your SSA records.

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA can easily get them, just as SSA can get records from the VA.

HOWEVER-- It is in your best interest to obtain a copy and submit it to the VA, along with whatever else is related to a claim. I'm currently remiss in doing this, simply because I'm going around with an effective date disagreement with SSA. The VA need to be prompted to do things.

The current SSA award letter reads Heart condition primary, Diabetes Secondary. The Diabetes is SC'd and I'm trying to get the Heart problems as secondary to the Diabetes based on aggravation.

"Does the VA have a direct line to SSA to get these files for IU claims, or should the Veteran get involved in trying to get copies of these."

Greetings to All

Does anyone know the quickest method to get copies of the veterans SSA Disability letter???

Is there a particular form number for this. I have tried the SSA 800 number, and ran into a "brick wall" as far as what is the best way to get copies of this.

Does the VA have a direct line to SSA to get these files for IU claims, or should the Veteran get involved in trying to get copies of these.

Your assistance in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Doc

• HadIt.com Elder

Don't count on the VA to get those records. It took them over 5 yrs to get mine, from SSA, and they were in the same federal bldg, across the hall and one floor down from the VARO that requested them. Your SS records should be in the same office where you applied for SSDI. You can go there and request what you need.

pr

When you were approved for SSDI did not you get a letter? If not I would go to my nearest SSA office and request a copy of my records. This is quicker than waiting for the VA to get around to asking for your SSA records.

Can you do that?

I need to know if my SSD award was for my Diabetes with PN, which is service connected. There was another condition mentioned in my medical records but I hardly made mention of that effect on me in my applacation for SSD.

If you did send a copy, the VA is going to send for them anyway. I've already been through it. The best thing to do is stay on your VSO rep and make him or her do their job. Or you can do as I did and call once or twice a week. It still took them about six months to get them. I called the SSA and asked if they could just send them. They said they would have to be requested by the VA.

GOOD LUCK

• HadIt.com Elder

Need Social Security Forms?

Try these....................

Allan

SSA Forms

http://www.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/formsearch.pl

Request for Social Security Statement

http://www.ssa.gov/online/ssa-7004.pdf

Consent for Release of Information

http://www.ssa.gov/online/ssa-3288.pdf

Certificate of Incapacity