Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Advice... Finally Rated 100%

Rate this topic

Guest JACKNCOKE

Please let us not start combat -noncombat thing here. A veteran is a veteran. Infantry man or club custodian we are all the same. I have seen it on other sites and it simply defeats the purpose of a site as it only results in arguments. Welcome aboard and we all look forward to hearing about your follow on experiences with the VA and any advise you may have for all veterans. Thanks for your service and I am glad the VA took care of you as quick as they did.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Jack,

I was just making with a little humor.

I'm sorry I upset you.

Just for the record, my ankle was broken and was treated at Balboa Navy Hospital, but I still couldn't walk and kept complaining to the point that I was medically discharged and sent home. It was not until a year later that an orthopedic surgeon found, on x-ray, the fibula that was also shattered and by that time it was to late. My ankle was fixated at a 45 degree angle to a normal foot's position. By the time I finally figured out what was really wrong........well, I'd been walking around on a broken leg for a year and I was a mental basketcase.

I know that that does not compare to what you went through, but I haven't been able to walk uphill, run, jump, walk or even to turn over in bed at night because of the sheet restraining my leg and ankle (which is bone on bone), so I only get, at most, 3 hours of intermittent sleep. For the last forty years.

I am proud of your service and proud of mine.

Semper Fi

Guest JACKNCOKE

You did'nt upset me, I was just snapped which I shouldnt have done because we are all vets... But based on your last post, you should be a hell of alot more than 20 percent... Call your local congress rep and get a liason with the VA... You should get all kinds of back pay too...

• HadIt.com Elder

Thas okay Jack.

I have NOD'd the 20%. I have also turned in a claim for MDD, which the VAMC has already diagnosed..........with a nexus to my ankle injury and treatment......I'm attending my psych sessions religiously (which, in my case, means with my hat on). Just trying to be a good guy, and compliant in every which way.

Oh, I also turned in a claim for TDIU, seeing as how the SSA has already found me unemployable, and I have been so for the last 7 years.

Wish me luck, dude.

LJ

Guest JACKNCOKE

Hey Larry,

Well, if you are a retired E8??? Sorry I'm used to Army rank if I got that wrong... But I am a 100% retired E5, and trust me, if you dont take action, they will bury you in the system (As you probably know)... If you dont need the money, then thats a different story... (But you should be at least able to claim what you are due).... The focus right now (for VA claims as I have been told by my VA rep), is the vets getting back from the current wars... And that's even real slow... If you are happy with your current monetary situation, then so be it... But fight for what you are entitled to...

As far as Psych goes, do you have PTSD???... I do, and it's rated at 60%.... If I dont drink at least 6 beers a night, I dont kill off the anxiety attacks / panic attacks, much less sleep... Thats why I am 100%, I mean forget having gainful employment... How many employers will hire you based on the fact you have to drink on the job???? Half the time I cant make it down the hallway in my house... Forget 4th of July, Im like a scared dog... I hear the mortars launch and I'm back in Baghdad... This all of course goes back to saying I'd rather be 0% and have a normal life... Volunteering for my mission in Iraq was the worst choice I ever made...

Sometimes I wish that the IED we rolled past in Baghdad would have gone off....

And yes, Larry, I wish you luck as I do for me.... Just stay away from the mind control drugs they want to put you on... All the school shootings are related to those drugs....

Aaron