Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Advice... Finally Rated 100%

Rate this topic

Guest JACKNCOKE

Guest JACKNCOKE

blank.gifPosteddocument.write(''+ myTimeZone('Mon, 02 Jul 2007 15:37:57 GMT-0700', 'Mon July 02 2007 06:37 PM')+''); Mon July 02 2007 06:37 PM Mon July 02 2007 06:37 PMHello,

I got back from OIF in April 05, discharged in June 05... I filed for bennies in March 06, and finally recieved compensation in April 07, at 60%... About a week ago, I was elevated to 100% because of unemployability... (I'm not happy about that nasty tag, but that's a different story)... This is for those that havent been rated or it's taking a while... It "ONLY" took 11 months for my initial payment because I contacted my local congress rep (NOT senator), and basically told them the straight out facts... If I didn't get help from the VA soon, I'd be homeless and car-less... A week after contacting them, I was assigned a liason in the Seattle office of the VA, and about 2 weeks after that, I got my check... Now, for any issues, I ONLY deal with that rep, she has my file in her desk... So that's my advice, get on your congressman's ass if you havent been rated...

Another tip: X-ray's dont catch shit unless it's a broken bone... For bad joints, you need an MRI... Thats why you always hear "x ray negative, will be given an MRI" on sports injuries... The athlete was cleared by x-ray of anything broken, but must have an MRI to catch anything torn or muscular (like an ACL/MCL)...

Point being, the VA WONT SEND YOU TO GET AN MRI unless you effin demand it!!! They denied me 5 claims based on xrays alone (both knees, both ankles, and an elbow)... I said hell no, called them and got a letter of dispute... I sent it in, and they sent me a letter saying it might take 6 months... Well, I'm 100% now, so I can wait for the time being...

I hope these hints help some vets, Ive been there, and learned my lessons... If you file and just sit there and hope, good luck and dont hold your breath... I dont care if you filed a week ago, take action now!!! Demand MRI's now!!!

if you are too injured to work, demand Individual Unemployability now!!!!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

And, If you can afford it (Insurance, etc.) you are better off getting tests such as an MRI done in the conventional medical system. At least you then have not only the results of the tests, but also an independent evaluation or two (usualy a radiologist and the referring physician) of the test results. It also cuts down on the time the VA can drag feet in ordering and obtaining test results. I don't know how many tests were "suggested" in records by my primary VA care doctors, and not scheduled. Nor was I informed that they had "suggested" the tests until I reviewed my VA files.

blank.gifPosteddocument.write(''+ myTimeZone('Mon, 02 Jul 2007 15:37:57 GMT-0700', 'Mon July 02 2007 06:37 PM')+''); Mon July 02 2007 06:37 PM Mon July 02 2007 06:37 PMHello,

I got back from OIF in April 05, discharged in June 05... I filed for bennies in March 06, and finally recieved compensation in April 07, at 60%... About a week ago, I was elevated to 100% because of unemployability... (I'm not happy about that nasty tag, but that's a different story)... This is for those that havent been rated or it's taking a while... It "ONLY" took 11 months for my initial payment because I contacted my local congress rep (NOT senator), and basically told them the straight out facts... If I didn't get help from the VA soon, I'd be homeless and car-less... A week after contacting them, I was assigned a liason in the Seattle office of the VA, and about 2 weeks after that, I got my check... Now, for any issues, I ONLY deal with that rep, she has my file in her desk... So that's my advice, get on your congressman's ass if you havent been rated...

Another tip: X-ray's dont catch shit unless it's a broken bone... For bad joints, you need an MRI... Thats why you always hear "x ray negative, will be given an MRI" on sports injuries... The athlete was cleared by x-ray of anything broken, but must have an MRI to catch anything torn or muscular (like an ACL/MCL)...

Point being, the VA WONT SEND YOU TO GET AN MRI unless you effin demand it!!! They denied me 5 claims based on xrays alone (both knees, both ankles, and an elbow)... I said hell no, called them and got a letter of dispute... I sent it in, and they sent me a letter saying it might take 6 months... Well, I'm 100% now, so I can wait for the time being...

I hope these hints help some vets, Ive been there, and learned my lessons... If you file and just sit there and hope, good luck and dont hold your breath... I dont care if you filed a week ago, take action now!!! Demand MRI's now!!!

if you are too injured to work, demand Individual Unemployability now!!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

"About a week ago, I was elevated to 100% because of unemployability... (I'm not happy about that nasty tag, but that's a different story)... "

If you're really all that upset, then I'll trade my 20% for your 100%...........

Guest JACKNCOKE

I guess you've never been in combat... I'd take 0% in exchange for being able to work and have a normal life without PTSD... In a heartbeat... I felt like I was back on the streets of Baghdad last night... Not fun

• HadIt.com Elder

Everyone is a Veteran here. Our government has divided enough without getting into that.

• HadIt.com Elder

Dont worry about the nasty tag. Every benefit you collect from the VA is a deserved benefit. You paid for it with your body and mind. Like other Veterans I did not have a choice and neither did you.