VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Trojan Virus

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I usually click in directly from AOL and dont get the home page- I go directly to the forums-

But I used IE to show someone the Homepage and immediately- as soon as the Microsoft ticker came up which I didnt click on- my Security Program warned me of the Trojan virus which I immediately deleted and scanned my 115,000 files right away-even though my security program was set to do that an hour later (I scan for security problems every day).

I did not associate this with hadit until it happened again today-

the name MauriceHurst also pops up as a www site on my PC same time as the microsoft ticker-

on the Home page-

and then in less than a second the Trojan Virus warning appears.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thank God for Security programs- I have plenty of them-you can never have enough.

Berta

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Guest Dataman

Berta;

I had no problems. I even saved the files and manually scanned them.

It's possible, but more likely an False Positive. What program? By any chance MS Defender?

I usually click in directly from AOL and dont get the home page- I go directly to the forums-

But I used IE to show someone the Homepage and immediately- as soon as the Microsoft ticker came up which I didnt click on- my Security Program warned me of the Trojan virus which I immediately deleted and scanned my 115,000 files right away-even though my security program was set to do that an hour later (I scan for security problems every day).

I did not associate this with hadit until it happened again today-

the name MauriceHurst also pops up as a www site on my PC same time as the microsoft ticker-

on the Home page-

and then in less than a second the Trojan Virus warning appears.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thank God for Security programs- I have plenty of them-you can never have enough.

Berta

Yes Berta I also saw it sveral times yesterday but Micro-Trend caught and quarantined it for me.

Regards : Randall PS not griping but the new format is driving me crazy...and the drive for me aint long.

Berta,

Yes, I experienced a similar problem last night. Whenever I logged on or off the hadit.com forum yesterday I got a message from McAfee VirusScan warning me it had blocked a trojan virus. I sent a PM to Tbird letting him know of the problem.

The forum seems to be working OK today. ;)

• HadIt.com Elder

If you run across a virus be sure and email T-Bird so that she can put the tech support on it. Someone by design or as a victim themselves probably put something out that was not safe.

I have been away since Saturday and have not had that problem.

Thanks for alerting us