Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

It's A Great Day !

Rate this question

USArmy98J

Question

Morning all...

I just got off the phone with my DAV Rep who called to tell me my claim had been decided!!!!

I had applied for an increase for Adjustment Disorder W/Depressed Mood, Hypertension, Arthritis, and IU, in addition to the 50% rating I already have.

He said my Adjustment Disorder was rated at 70%, Hypertension Denied, Arthritis Denied, and IU GRANTED.

He also said I would get Education Benefits for children and the IU would be P&T.

I have mixed feelings but at least I can end this fight and TRY to enjoy whats left of my life.

I can't say how much of a help this site has been and I have learned so much from so many and i say THANK YOU to all the members here!!!

I plan to become a more active member and hope that I can help others in their fights in some way.

T-Bird a very special thank you for operating this site and I will be making a donation to show my appreciation for your dedication. It is an invaluable tool for all veterans.

I hope all of my Brothers and Sisters have a great day and keep fighting!!!

Bill

Edited by USArmy98J

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Congratulations! It is a great day, thanks for sharing your good news. It is so easy to get down, but it is wonderful to hear of someone getting an answer that makes their life better. God Bless!

• HadIt.com Elder

Hooray for Good News, I am glad you get care and compensation for you and your family! I too, am still dealing with mixed feelings of recieving a long awaited correct and increased rating. A good freind reminded me recently, "you only want what is due you by law". Relax and God Bless! cg

• HadIt.com Elder

IU and P&T is a great decision now don't mess it up trying to work they will find out about it and that is basically the only way they can revoke a IU award, if you prove to them you CAN work. I feel the IU award is actually a "safer" award than the 100% they are easier for the VA to reduce than an IU award. Getting P&T makes it that much better, now your wife and kids are eligible for CHAMPVA and chapter 35 college benefits, have you applied for SSD yet? This should, SHOULD make it easier to get SSD approved no guarantees though if you are not retired you can get military ID cards for you and your family do you can use base facilities we love the commissary and the Class VI store here in Carolina liquor taxes are high so it is a large difference in prices check with your state many have free homeowner taxes and cheaper ad valorem taxes on cars for disabled vets free fishing and hunting licenses etc CONGRATS

THIS IS GREAT NEWS!!!!!!

Relax a little now if you can-----

sometimes it seems like the battle is still pending even after the award letter comes......

hard to put down the weapons- this is fantastic news!

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats!!!!

When you get the claim awarded its a validation that you were injured and that the VA has recognized your Service and your injury. The moeny and the award to me is validation that I was hurt while I was working for Uncle Sam. I am grateful in the sense that although I would rather not have panic disorder that at least my wife and I have security that many of my friends and family do not have.

When you compare the money you get, the tax benefits and the benefits it is not so hot as a salry but pretty good compared to retirement income. If you consider yourself early retired it makes it a lot better.

Thanks everybody!!!! I doubt it would have happened without the guidance I found here.

Testvet:. Tell me more about getting a Military ID. I did not retire from the military. I would love to be able to use the Commissary, PX, Class XI and other facilites. How do I go about getting an ID?

Thanks everbody.

Bill