Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

It's A Great Day !

Rate this question

USArmy98J

Question

Morning all...

I just got off the phone with my DAV Rep who called to tell me my claim had been decided!!!!

I had applied for an increase for Adjustment Disorder W/Depressed Mood, Hypertension, Arthritis, and IU, in addition to the 50% rating I already have.

He said my Adjustment Disorder was rated at 70%, Hypertension Denied, Arthritis Denied, and IU GRANTED.

He also said I would get Education Benefits for children and the IU would be P&T.

I have mixed feelings but at least I can end this fight and TRY to enjoy whats left of my life.

I can't say how much of a help this site has been and I have learned so much from so many and i say THANK YOU to all the members here!!!

I plan to become a more active member and hope that I can help others in their fights in some way.

T-Bird a very special thank you for operating this site and I will be making a donation to show my appreciation for your dedication. It is an invaluable tool for all veterans.

I hope all of my Brothers and Sisters have a great day and keep fighting!!!

Bill

Edited by USArmy98J

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

the VARO sends you letters for the local governments for the tax breaks and then one of the letters is for the militayr to issue one of the dependents colored cards for you and members of your family so you can use the military facilities PX, Commisary etc you can use everything but medical facilities and you can't fly Space A many vets complain they don't get the "grey cards" retirees get but there is a difference we are NOT retired and not entitled to the same level of benefits but we go to Fort Jackson and Shaw AFB here in the Columbia area and FT Gordon in Augusta you may have to call your VARO and ask them to send you the letters but I got them about a week after I called them check out your state benefits also some states have GREAT benies for totally disabled vets

• HadIt.com Elder

As much as I have complained about dealing with ChampVA it seems to coordinate well with medicare and this could save your spouse thousands of bucks. ChampVA could potentially be the most valuable benefit besides the actual compensation. If you are P&T in Florida you pay no property tax which means thousands in savings.

I think the main thing about P&T is peace of mind. As Pete says, think of it as a retirement and it is OK and you get a COLA which many pensions don't have built into them. I get a check from a disability policy but no inflation rider since it was an old policy so in 10 years my check from those guys will shrink to nothing.

THIS IS GREAT NEWS!!!!!!

Relax a little now if you can-----

sometimes it seems like the battle is still pending even after the award letter comes......

hard to put down the weapons- this is fantastic news!

Hey Berta,

What can I do with the 0% rating I got for my PTSD from the DRO today (my American Legion rep gave me the latest verdict by phone today) I have a GAF of 55.

Thanks!,

Johnny K.

• Founder

this is great news and don't worry about those mixed feelings you may feel a bit down after a win, it will pass just keep your eye on it, it can be a bit aniti climatic after a win. so rest, restore yourself, take very good care of yourself you are very important.

Got the white envelope today!!!!

Just like I was told by my DAV Rep.

80% Combined Disability Rating

100% TDIU P&T :huh:

Got all the forms for Commissary privledges, state tax exemption, Chap 35 benefits for the kid.

Needless to say I am HAPPY with the decision and it really did not take long. I applied for increases on 15 Feb 07 and was granted on 18 Sep 07. I am lucky that my VARO is not over worked like many others and provide outstanding service.

Thanks to all the members here. This message board is an invaluable resource.

Bill