VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tampa Vamc

Rate this question

william n

Question

hello, i really was'nt sure where too ask this question, on the site...May 29/07 had a single car roll-over on I-75, brought too tampa vamc,xrays done,discharged,no fractures,?? june 2/07 back too e.r. by ambulance,no fracture,discharged..?? june 5/07 back too e.r. by ambulance, "demand pain meds" given #20 percocet,discharged. june 6/07 received call/pls. come back, you have a fracture!! no kidding!!! no apologies! NOTHING! do I really have med coverage?? i wonder?? anyway any recourse?? i want too hold them accountable! my shoulderblade has healed but.. is displaced[healed offset].causing me shoulder/joint pain that requires codeine 30mg/pain..temazapan 25mg/sleep daily,and since. just had MRI done today,should i file a "1151 claim" many thanks, will [do have loss of motion.only 20%range]

Edited by williamn

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I'm sorry for you and your condition, no joke I really mean it.

Welcome to the wonderful world of VA care. About the only thing that will happen is they'll try to fix it if its possible or if it interferes with job or duties you'll be rated for a disability and release from service with a % either a lump sum or monthly disability check. If you choose lump sum to get life going outside the Military take the % you get and divide it by amount of lump sum you come up with a # this is the amount of months needed to pay the lump sum back, then you start receiving checks along with this you receive free medical care for life for this injury the care starts soon as you are released from service this you get right away. As far as recourse you'd be fighting an up hill battle really don't thing it would be worth you're while. You still belong to them I believe they;ll try to fix it. This is a summing your Active Duty.

Hope this helps, RC

will, you could file an 1151 claim for compensation for disability incurred due to VA medical treatment. you have to establish that VA was at fault by not providing appropriate medical treatment, and that is a big hurdle to jump. but if you have some residual disability in your shoulder that you would not have had, if jah vah had provided reasonable medical care (limitation of motion, recurrent subluxation, etc), you could consider filing the claim. doesn't cost you anything to try.

• HadIt.com Elder

William, here is some advice.

Get to the VA as fast as possible. DO not say a single word. Go to medical records and sign a release of information and get the entire record. Xrays, ect. (You may have to go to XRAY for the actual films or disk)

By reading the reports, wou will be able to see who screwed up.

If you go to an ER at night, the ER docs tend to read Xrays and wait until it is read by a radiologist the next day. Tampa VA may take longer. If they marked it routine urgance it could have taken 2 to 3 days.

I am going out on a limb to say the ER doc missed the fracture and the radiologist caught it.

AN 1151 claim is possible. There are a few folks here that have filed them. Berta is the most knowledgable aout this issue.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

William,

Do exactly as J Basser has directed you too. When John emailed me for a copy of my statement of the case, the light bulb lit brightly as he could see instantly what the VA was trying to do to me.

This is in answer to your P. M , do as Jbasser has told you to do and do as soon as possible.

When you have possession of all this information, please post on line for all to assist you.

Always,

Josephine

(Betty)

Edited by jbasser