Jump to content
Ads Keep HadIt.com Online. Consider Turning Off Ad Blockers to Keep HadIt.com Online! ×
  • 0

Tampa Vamc

william n


hello, i really was'nt sure where too ask this question, on the site...May 29/07 had a single car roll-over on I-75, brought too tampa vamc,xrays done,discharged,no fractures,?? june 2/07 back too e.r. by ambulance,no fracture,discharged..?? june 5/07 back too e.r. by ambulance, "demand pain meds" given #20 percocet,discharged. june 6/07 received call/pls. come back, you have a fracture!! no kidding!!! no apologies! NOTHING! do I really have med coverage?? i wonder?? anyway any recourse?? i want too hold them accountable! my shoulderblade has healed but.. is displaced[healed offset].causing me shoulder/joint pain that requires codeine 30mg/pain..temazapan 25mg/sleep daily,and since. just had MRI done today,should i file a "1151 claim" many thanks, will [do have loss of motion.only 20%range]

Edited by williamn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

I'm sorry for you and your condition, no joke I really mean it.

Welcome to the wonderful world of VA care. About the only thing that will happen is they'll try to fix it if its possible or if it interferes with job or duties you'll be rated for a disability and release from service with a % either a lump sum or monthly disability check. If you choose lump sum to get life going outside the Military take the % you get and divide it by amount of lump sum you come up with a # this is the amount of months needed to pay the lump sum back, then you start receiving checks along with this you receive free medical care for life for this injury the care starts soon as you are released from service this you get right away. As far as recourse you'd be fighting an up hill battle really don't thing it would be worth you're while. You still belong to them I believe they;ll try to fix it. This is a summing your Active Duty.

Hope this helps, RC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

will, you could file an 1151 claim for compensation for disability incurred due to VA medical treatment. you have to establish that VA was at fault by not providing appropriate medical treatment, and that is a big hurdle to jump. but if you have some residual disability in your shoulder that you would not have had, if jah vah had provided reasonable medical care (limitation of motion, recurrent subluxation, etc), you could consider filing the claim. doesn't cost you anything to try.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator

William, here is some advice.

Get to the VA as fast as possible. DO not say a single word. Go to medical records and sign a release of information and get the entire record. Xrays, ect. (You may have to go to XRAY for the actual films or disk)

By reading the reports, wou will be able to see who screwed up.

If you go to an ER at night, the ER docs tend to read Xrays and wait until it is read by a radiologist the next day. Tampa VA may take longer. If they marked it routine urgance it could have taken 2 to 3 days.

I am going out on a limb to say the ER doc missed the fracture and the radiologist caught it.

AN 1151 claim is possible. There are a few folks here that have filed them. Berta is the most knowledgable aout this issue.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • HadIt.com Elder


Do exactly as J Basser has directed you too. When John emailed me for a copy of my statement of the case, the light bulb lit brightly as he could see instantly what the VA was trying to do to me.

This is in answer to your P. M , do as Jbasser has told you to do and do as soon as possible.

When you have possession of all this information, please post on line for all to assist you.




Edited by jbasser
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.


  • question-001.jpeg

    Have Questions? Get Answers.

    Tips on posting on the forums.

    1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.
    2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.
    3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.
      Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.
    Leading too:

    exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.
    • Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?
    • Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?
    This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   


  • VA Watchdog

  • Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

    employment 2.jpeg

    You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

  • Create New...

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines