Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can The Exam Dr. For C & P Ask About Different Medical Isues?

Rate this question

jecsb4

Question

If I go to a C & P for feet and the Dr asks me about other medical issues that are not related to the C & P exam issue, do I have to answer? Or can they ask about ANY SC med condition and I have to answer?

I ask because, I am going to see a Dr who is general practice, but also is a psycharitic Dr. This is a non VA Dr, that has been contracted to do C & P's. It's strange that neither the VA, the VA main contractor administrator nor the Dr in question ever mentioned the other speciality (psychatric Dr).

Perhaps the VA is trying to determine if my SC for depression should be reduced while they are doing the other C & P. My paperwork does not say it is for mental ill eval.

Am I being paranoid?

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Hmmmm..... some doc's do and some don't. The request for a C/P is very specific from the RO. Normally, notice I said normally, other issues are not discussed.

Now with that being said, if I were asked a question I would answer. A refusal could get you put on the bad boy/gal list.

Anyway, no matter what they ask just be truthful. If the doc does ask you about another issue it would not be out of the ordinary for you to ask why?

Also if you had a strong claim for your current depression rating you have nothing to worry about. However, I understand your concern for none of us trust the VA and we always look at them through a very careful eye no matter what they do. Ain't nutting wrong with that. Just relax and try not to worry too much!

• HadIt.com Elder

If the doctor is good and cares, then he or she may ask questons regarding other issues they feel associated with your C@P evaluation. I know one helped me out when she pointed out some errors the RO had made.

Not all Docs are bad. Some are amazing.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Sometimes it can be a good thing I went for a C+P exam for my hearing the Doc asked about ringing in my ears. Next thing I know I am 10 percent for tinntius. I never claimned tinntius (sorry about the spelling)

Jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

When I had my last couple of C&P's by QTC the first one asked all kinds of questions not just the DB2 exam and also put me in for hypertension secondary to DB2 the last one I had pointed out a couple of other things that could be connected to my heart. Still waiting to see if the rater agreed or not.

If I had to rate the last doc though I would give her a 6 she really did not seem to listen to much as to what I had to say. I took some records with me and she did take those for the record. Strange thing is I got a call from them about 3 weeks after the exam asking me questions that should have been addressed at the appt.

Just my two cents. Good Luck with your claim.

Stillhere

• HadIt.com Elder

Just remember that everything that is said in a C&P exam may end up helping you or hurting you so be careful of what you say. If the doctor asks you a leading question their is a reason behind it. If he asks you about your depression just remember(if you can) that it is worse. Everytime your feet begin to hurt and disabled you you become more depressed about the life you had and the sorry state you are in now. Get it? If asked about your childhood or anytime before the military you had the perfect life. It is not your famility or great grandmother that passed a depression gene onto you. It is the injuries you suffered in the military that cause your depression. This C&P doc does not care about you. It is a compensation game.

Just remember that everything that is said in a C&P exam may end up helping you or hurting you so be careful of what you say. If the doctor asks you a leading question their is a reason behind it. If he asks you about your depression just remember(if you can) that it is worse. Everytime your feet begin to hurt and disabled you you become more depressed about the life you had and the sorry state you are in now. Get it? If asked about your childhood or anytime before the military you had the perfect life. It is not your famility or great grandmother that passed a depression gene onto you. It is the injuries you suffered in the military that cause your depression. This C&P doc does not care about you. It is a compensation game.

Just a quick question I f anybody knows the Answer. I had a C+P exam in june by QTC medical services. Is a copy of that exam kept at the VA medical center I use or is it only in my c-file.

Thanks

Jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim