Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Decision On Earlier Effective Date

Rate this question

Pete53

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

My DRO Hearing for EED was denied in 6 days. In a nutshell the DRO ruled that Hartness V Nicholson applied only to Veterans over 65 and in no way applies to me.

I intend to fill out a form 9 and appeal but I am a little discouraged. I did not read Hartness as applying to a particular sub set of Veterans maybe I can't read.

Pete

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• Answers 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Pete, I am still a "newbie" pretty much as you know. I am not real familiar with your case. But I knew you were about to go before the DRO. I am sorry to hear (see) that this may have to go to appeal. I'm disheartened for you. Besides, it is not what you want to read going into a weekend. Best regards.

• In Memoriam

Pete,

I am right behind you with the Hartness vs. Nicholson. I just got a Appeals manual from the BVA with a letter telling me to talk to my Vso, VSo, VSO. I don't even have a VSO, and my BVA was already this week. The letter was stamped on Sept. 9, 2006 and got here Oct. 26, 2007.

Guess they wanted to make sure they covered their tracks. I am only 58.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

My DRO Hearing for EED was denied in 6 days. In a nutshell the DRO ruled that Hartness V Nicholson applied only to Veterans over 65 and in no way applies to me.

I intend to fill out a form 9 and appeal but I am a little discouraged. I did not read Hartness as applying to a particular sub set of Veterans maybe I can't read.

Pete

Pete:

Sorry about the denial, and may you only be discouraged only a little while. Hang in there, you know we are all pulling for you. Good luck on the appeal.

jmack ;)

• HadIt.com Elder

Peter, I think you'll get it on appeal. I just reread Hartness and it basically states the "inability to leave the home to earn a living" as part of the definition of housebound. Go for it! You've got a better chance on that than the lottery. jmo

pr