Rate this question

ertle

Question

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yes- but it could hold up whatever you have pending now-

yet you preserve the EED of the re-opened claim by filing it ASAP.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Berta is right,you can always file a claim,but if i had a claim thats was pending in appeals i would wait.

mobie

berta can i file for a increse on an old svc connected while i have a claim in the appeal process

I'm glad you brought up this subject; I was planning to post the same question. After reading the answers you received, I think I will wait until there is a response to my appeal.

Thanks!

how old is the old service claim and for what and what is the new claim for ? You do have to remember if you open an old claim, and you have to go for review you also can have your disability lowered if they feel that you have improved. It is a 2 way street, some people so not realize that. I just filled for type 2 diabetes and specified that this is a new claim, I am not opening my old original claim. I told the DAV VSO that I am not seeking additional funds, just want this on record, becasue I am at max now. Believe you need to hit 180% before additonal funds are applied

SSGMike.Ivy

Vietnam Veteran

4th Infantry Division

October 1968-October 1969

U.S. Army retired

Jr. Vice Commander

Father Vincent Capodanno Chapter 1101

Military Order of the Purple Heart

"To be a Veteran one must know and determine one's price for freedom."

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have two claims going at the same time there is a good chance the VA will confuse them and really screw it up. They did it to me which resulted in them sending wrong evidence to differenct claim folders. I had dentists reports being placed with my claim for an mental case increase. There is a joke in there somewhere I am sure.

You have to realize these people don't care and they are really dumb. You don't want to give them a chance to mess it up by having to actually read your claim.