Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Allsup

Rate this question

MUDMAN

Question

HELLO i was recently denied SS in october i filed in september it took exactley 31 days to the date to get denied .I have filed for reconsideration. I am using allsup as my reps has anyone here used them latley and how long did it take to get your ss approved after the initial denial. I have filed for ss because of ptsd any help appreciated :)

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have been using Allsup for over a year now. My claim has been denied twice and we are waiting for a date with the administrative judge to appeal. I have been told this process takes anywhere from 2-5 years depending on the case load of the admin. judge in your area. Patience is the key. Allsup has taken care of all the paperwork, filing etc. I also am TDIU. It took only 6 months. SSI will deny you or offer excuses why you should'nt be approved. SSI told me that I should go back to police dispatching, even though I am on methadone, hydrocodone, gabapentin and have a non functioning implant. I asked for a job with SSI in a dispatching setting and was told that I was on narcotic and pain medication and could not be hired. Imagine that! Now, would a police agency hire me under these circumstances?

Patience is the key. Let Allsup work for you. They claim 70 some percent success at the administrative level. Good luck.

• HadIt.com Elder

It is 25 percent or 5300 whichever is less. Any amount must be approved by the ALJ or appeals council. I used a an attorney. ALLSUP actually tracked my claim for a disability company. They were real helpful.

With my attorney, I won at the ALJ level.

Mudman, what part of West Virginia are you from?

Edited by jbasser

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Greetings,

Allsup did a great job for me as well, however you still must be proactive on your part. Mine was setteled and approved by a ALJ and I didn't have to go infront of anyone. They handled it all. I would would use them again. I hope this helps. Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Bound4Heaven

• HadIt.com Elder

Bound, How long did it take you from the decision to get your first check and then the retro?

Edited by jbasser

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.