Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got The Denial Letter.

Rate this question

Mitchell

Question

Hello all;

Got my denial letter today. Pretty wild reason for the denial. You can still take care of yourself, follow simple instuctions, and remember stuff. They said the I was a security guard ( 8 yrs ago ) and can return to this type work. I have PTSD !!!!!! This is a joke. I know the turn alot down the first time , BUT give a real reason's not BS. There I vented :) . Well I will cal my Lawyer and file reconsideration................ Can I get copy's of the SS paper work ( there evedice ), I don't think they see the big picture.

Wish me luck... MItch ............

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hello all;

Got my denial letter today. Pretty wild reason for the denial. You can still take care of yourself, follow simple instuctions, and remember stuff. They said the I was a security guard ( 8 yrs ago ) and can return to this type work. I have PTSD !!!!!! This is a joke. I know the turn alot down the first time , BUT give a real reason's not BS. There I vented :rolleyes: . Well I will cal my Lawyer and file reconsideration................ Can I get copy's of the SS paper work ( there evedice ), I don't think they see the big picture.

Wish me luck... MItch ............

My husband just went through that process. He had a great attorney who fought for him all the way. Your attorney should file an appeal soon, they always deny things the first time, don't give up. It took us since April 04 until November 21 to get a fully favorable decision, the last hearing being 11/5/07. Guess SS wants to hold on to their money as long as they can. Good luck, Sandra, wife of Roger

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, you can get a copy of your file. Contact your local SSA office. They should have the file, if not they can retrieve it for you.

mitch, I went and am going through the same thing, yes you can request copies of all exams. I just got a copy of mine after 2 DENIALS. One of the exams stated I was unable to work and douted I would find any gainful employment, their own doctor stated this and I got the same excuse in mine. The second said I had to much education that included 4y + of collage. Mitchell, I have never been to collage, I dropped out of high school at 17 to go army. That was 7 or 8 months ago since my 2nd denial. I'm waiting on alj this will ba a year +. Good luck don't give up. RC