Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got The Denial Letter.

Rate this question

Mitchell

Question

Hello all;

Got my denial letter today. Pretty wild reason for the denial. You can still take care of yourself, follow simple instuctions, and remember stuff. They said the I was a security guard ( 8 yrs ago ) and can return to this type work. I have PTSD !!!!!! This is a joke. I know the turn alot down the first time , BUT give a real reason's not BS. There I vented :) . Well I will cal my Lawyer and file reconsideration................ Can I get copy's of the SS paper work ( there evedice ), I don't think they see the big picture.

Wish me luck... MItch ............

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Get an attorney to file the appeal. It would be nice to find one that is aklso a Doctor.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

My husband has been denied 2 times and we appealed. I think the next step is the ALJ hearing, which when we appealed, they said it would be 12 to 16 months before we heard anything and that was about 3 or 4 months ago. Anyway, he has never been given any kind of exam from SS as of yet. He applyed for diablity for depression(100% TDIU) and CAD. His cardiologist has written stating that he can not work because of his heart disease alone. So, even with a claim in for 2 different reasons, he has been denied so far twice. Should SS had done an exam of some kind of him, or do they sometimes not do exams?

sbrewer

• HadIt.com Elder

SS usually does their own exam initially. Maybe something has changed as they are all trying to cut costs.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.