Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Are There Any Disocunts For Disabled Veterans

Rate this question

labonte1000

Question

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any company out there, that gives a discount for disabled Veterans. I know that DAV.org has a great discount package if you become a life member, which I probably will get, just wondering if there are any other companies etc. that offer discounts as well. Does disney by any chance?

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Hi All,

What I do in most cases where you don't know if there is a discount of any sort, whether it be disabled veteran or not is to ASK. It doesn't hurt to ask. The Home Depot by where I live they gives 10% off all the time for DIsabled Veterans, in fact, they give 10% for active duty and retired as well, but Lowes didn't, when I asked them (only for the weekend of Veterans Day). But the only way I found out, was to ask, because they don't advertise it. So now whenever I go somewhere I ask if they give a discount to disabled veterans and it drives my husband and kids nuts, because I ask everyone :rolleyes: . Hey with the price of gas the way it is who wouldn't want to save a few dollars here and there.

So far in NY that I have personally gotten discounts for being 100% disabled veteran on: Fishing License (cost $5 same a senior citizen), Free State Park entry , Home Depot 10% discount, my Nextel/Sprint cell phone 14% discount (call customer service and let them know), Geico insurance (I think it is 10% discount, customer service said yes and I almost fell off my chair).

Here is a link for the NYS Veterans benefits.

http://www.veterans.state.ny.us/benefits.htm

There are companies that will give discounts, but all you have to do is ask for it.

Have a great day!!!

tdak

"Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. "...Ronald Reagan

• HadIt.com Elder

Hellloo, thanks for the heads up regards Auto Insurance! Checkin' mine. Have heard some military/disabled discounts for amusement parks. musuems, sports events, zoos, movie, concert, oilube, fast food, barbers, licenses, dental,veterinarians, etc.

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

hi i just found out that oregon state parks are free to disabled Veterans and active duty on leave. You can get into day parks for free and camp for 5 nights in a row in a tent or rv site, 10 day maxium in a month. http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/PARKS/docs/2006_vet_app.pdf thats where the application is. You don't have to be 100% either. Here is more info on it http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/PARKS/fee_waivers.shtml

Edited by labonte1000

Hi how do you guys prove that you are a disabled veteran at a store, do you have to carry your letter from the va with you? My VA health card doesn't say service connected on it, should it im 20%.

• HadIt.com Elder

Tell the VA to issue a new one. It should say service connected.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Thanks I will, I called the home depot and they said that they stopped the discounts for active duty and disabled Veterans on most days, they only due them on certain holidays like 4th of july etc. You will have to ask, he said someone ruined it for everyone. Just to let you guys know.