Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Time Line?

Rate this question

yoggie2

Question

I have a C&P scheduled for 12th of Dec 2007 for the medical increase for my service connected disability. I also filed for PTSD and my question is, how long is the wait usually between the two C&P's? and if I 'm found to be TDIU with my SC disability alone will I still have to wait for C&P for PTSD or will VA render help if I'm found totally disabled from my SC injuries? Thanks for your help...Rich

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

It various from one VARO to another.... and, from one claim to another.

I filed for TDIU in January and haven't heard a thing so far. Most other claims have had a C&P about the 7 month timeframe. It took 2 years to get my Claim Decision. I have a few claims that I have appealed. My guess is that they will be in the system for about 3 more years, maybe 4. My entire process will be about 6 years.

I didn't file for TDIU, its was my understanding that you are concidered for it when you file for increase. I don't think this is what I was looking for. Rich

I applied for an incease in February 2007 and in July my VARO sent me a form for TDIU to fill out and return.

I had a C&P in August and my claim was decided in September and I was awarded both the increase and TDIU P&T.

I cant imagine having claims take years like I read on here daily. I must be lucky as I have had 5 claims since 1992 and have never waited over a year from start to finish.

Bill

I applied for an increased and TDIU July 2007. My 1st C & P exam scheduled was Nov 21,07. It was a complete examination. My second C & P is scheduled for Dec 18, 07 for audio.

The doctor that did a complete examination on me said it will be about 4 to 6 months. I called DAV (POA) and he said it will be about 1 year to get a decision. He also said it could be sooner than 1 year. I am currently 80%. Once the decision has been made it will be added to my 80% as i was told. I am just hoping for the best. I have been unemployed since June 25,2007. I qualified for SSD on the first round. Waiting for my first check from SSD is the hard part. 5 months waiting period and on the 6th month is when I will receive it. Good Luck to you all and Happy Holidays!! :mellow:

• HadIt.com Elder

Chongo

You should not have to wait a year if you already had your C&P exam. The DAV guy is just covering so that you don't call him ten times a day for the next six months. It should be sooner than later.