Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Waiting And Nervous

Rate this question

bluenote

Question

Since the last time I looked for help here w/no success--I searched the Internet and finally came up with someone willing to help,I found out that my claim that I filed a few years ago for Guillain Barre Syndrome and was given Medical only by the VA-- should have been Rated and triggered a VA Reconsideration to determine if my discharge was under Other Than Dishonorable conditions. For some reason they didn't do this........... Thanks Dan

Edited by CaravanDan

"My wife drove for hours today to Buffalo NY VA to see m y file and she got to see it, With my signed papers and my VA card and drivers licence in hand,She said most of my Hospital records were NOT in there from my Paralyzed disease back in the 70's--the guy that was with her said she I needed to send papers asking Buffalo to request those papers from that VA hospital in Boston, I find it funny that I have to do their jobs--should'nt that all be in my file already"

That is so frustrating-I guess it is definitely up to us to make sure they have what they should have-

Getting a copy of their C file is one of the best moves a veteran or widow can make.

I am sure your wife could see what was missing and hope she had a list of what needs to be re-submitted.

After the shreddergate Broo haha- I sent Buffalo an Iris suggesting they must have destroyed my legal evidence for my CUE claims since they never considered any of my evidence.

Since then I have gotten 4 Iris responses as they want to know what evidence I sent to them that they didnt use.

I am using the VA Fast Letter re: the :October Incident" ( VA doubletalk for the shreddergate stuff and resubmitting my evidence.

The VA OIG hasnt been to Buffalo yet-

but hopefully will be soon.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

Good Morning. I just read this thread. it stretches back over a year. You have had an amazing year. I remember being stuck in a medical hold unit at Ft. Gordon Hosp, GA, in 1968. We had a couple of guys in the unit, that had hadit and just wanted to go home. So they did. I hope they got their discharges corrected. I remember one severely wounded sgt. He came back to the unit, after about 90 days AWOL. He got busted down to a pvt. Sad story. I hope he is ok now. I truly appreciate why you left that med holdover platoon. That should never be held against you. Only someone who was never there could not understand why you split, when you did. Did you get your discharge papers squared away? Congratulations for hanging in there another year. Good luck and best wishes for a successful new year.

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

Hang in there Dan,

My crap is in Buffalo too. Been there since Jan 08, been out of work since Jan 07. I keep being told Buffalo has a BIG Problem. I am going to try to get there as soon as I can to get My C-file. I have records all over the place and it sounds like those clowns might not have any of what they will need to make an informed rating in my case. I been living on my 10% for the last 2 years so I feel your pain brother. Maybe 09 will have good news for both you and me.

PS: I am not sure where you are in the state but my state vet rep here in Utica has been great (as much as she can do anyway). Maybe you might have one close to where your at, who can help in your case.

Storm

Let us not forget the lessons of those who have gone before us.