Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is This The Wave Of What Will Be?

Rate this question

robert51

Question

*Please note that DAVs MUST HAVE A COMBINED RATING OF 100% TO BE ELIGIBLE. DAVs receiving 100% because of unemployable status but whose combined rating falls below 100% are NOT eligible. No exceptions will be made.

In order for dependents to receive an ID card the sponsor must be present, if not, the dependent must meet one of the following conditions:

wanted an ID for my wife and this is what was said...

well seems like not everyone thinks 70% and IU PT is the same as 100% dont know why they are being such As? holes about this

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Please understand that we are not VA, we are separate organizations. DOD ID cards falls under the DOD, specifically DMDC. In the Philippines, we fall under DMDC Korea. My guess is that they want to view your record and paperwork in order to see the justification for you having an ID card, but again, that's just my guess.

My understanding is that DMDC Korea has denied benefits to DAVs below 100% due to their interpretation of the regulation (AFI 36-3026). Beyond that I really can't say. If you'd like to send me your SSN you can call me at 524.2227 on Tuesday or Thursday between 8am and 3pm. Thanks.

THIS IS WHAT I RECEIVED FROM DEERS PHILIPPINES ABOUT THE ID CARD FOR THE WIFE

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

http://www.defenselink.mil/releases/releas...?releaseid=1706

DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE ISSUES NEW IDENTIFICATION CARDS

The DD Form 2765, "Department of Defense/Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card," will be issued to sponsors, other than members of the military Services, who because of their current or previous association with the military Services, are entitled to Uniformed Services benefits and privileges. These individuals include Medal of Honor recipients and honorably discharged veterans rated by the Veterans Administration as 100 percent disabled from a Service-connected injury.

*Spouses/Dependents of 100% disabled veterans are issued DD Form 1173

AUTHORITY: DoD Instruction 1000.13, December 5, 1997

P.S. Did your wife get her CHAMPUS authorization yet?!

Edited by Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

ChampVA and not Champus. ChampVA is actually a very small program that is awarded to spouses and children 18 or younger of 100% P&T Veterans. A lot of Medical Providers get it mixed up also

I have said it before and I mean it if the VA told me I could elect to have ChampVA I would be signed up as soon as I got the paper. Its actually a wonderful Insurance and all that we pay for Mrs Pete is the initial 50 dollar deductible and 25% copay on Meds.She has Medicare which is Primary and has to have Part B

ChampVA and not Champus. ChampVA is actually a very small program that is awarded to spouses and children 18 or younger of 100% P&T Veterans. A lot of Medical Providers get it mixed up also

I have said it before and I mean it if the VA told me I could elect to have ChampVA I would be signed up as soon as I got the paper. Its actually a wonderful Insurance and all that we pay for Mrs Pete is the initial 50 dollar deductible and 25% copay on Meds.She has Medicare which is Primary and has to have Part B

Is ChampVA only used or accepted in VA medical facilities?

Jmack

• HadIt.com Elder

ChampVA is accepted almost anywhere. Its like regular insurance. I do think that many VA's accept it and with no copays until age of 65 than the beneficiary is out with Medicare and as I said before that is not bad.

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete, Thanks for reading the posts! I really did MEAN to say ChampVA! Guess it's because I was reading DoD Regs all morning ... On a side note, I have had no problems getting ChampVA to pay my kid's medical bills - and they were quick about it too. My co-pay is like $50 a year, something like that. ~Wings