Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is This The Wave Of What Will Be?

Rate this question

robert51

Question

*Please note that DAVs MUST HAVE A COMBINED RATING OF 100% TO BE ELIGIBLE. DAVs receiving 100% because of unemployable status but whose combined rating falls below 100% are NOT eligible. No exceptions will be made.

In order for dependents to receive an ID card the sponsor must be present, if not, the dependent must meet one of the following conditions:

wanted an ID for my wife and this is what was said...

well seems like not everyone thinks 70% and IU PT is the same as 100% dont know why they are being such As? holes about this

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

As instructed by DMDC Korea I cannot issue ID cards to DAVs less than 100% per AFI 36-3026(I).

V/R

SPC Babcock

On 12/19/07, robert rebuth <rebuth_robert@yahoo.com> wrote:

I see by your statement this rating will not get ID card? I am 70 IU PT and i have an ID and have had it many years.. I was told by Senator Gorden Smiths office ( Oregon )that an id card would be issued for me with this rating and it was? Can you please tell me the regulation that states 70% IU PT does NOT receive a card. Thank you bob rebuth

my ans to my e mail requesting an id for my wife from the DEERS office.

I cant find anything in DMDC Korea that supports what Spc Babcock told you ???

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:mEuiz...us&ie=UTF-8

you got good advise here to pursue this.

• HadIt.com Elder
As instructed by DMDC Korea I cannot issue ID cards to DAVs less than 100% per AFI 36-3026(I).

V/R

SPC Babcock

On 12/19/07, robert rebuth <rebuth_robert@yahoo.com> wrote:

I see by your statement this rating will not get ID card? I am 70 IU PT and i have an ID and have had it many years.. I was told by Senator Gorden Smiths office ( Oregon )that an id card would be issued for me with this rating and it was? Can you please tell me the regulation that states 70% IU PT does NOT receive a card. Thank you bob rebuth

my ans to my e mail requesting an id for my wife from the DEERS office.

Bob, First get your Award Letter from the VARO (see below). EMAIL THIS LAW (below) to SPC Babcock !! ~~~Wings

December 14, 2006

In Reply Refer To: 216B

Fast Letter 06-27

Directors (00/21)

All Regional Offices and Centers

SUBJ: Commissary and Exchange Privilege Letters

The purpose of this letter is to advise regional offices that there has been no change in Department of Defense (DoD) or VA policy regarding commissary and exchange privileges for veterans rated 100% for individual unemployability (IU).

On May 10, 2000, Fast Letter 00-37 transmitted a ruling by DoD’s General Counsel that clarified the issue of commissary privileges for veterans rated 100% disabled due to IU. The ruling was the result of an apparent conflict between M27-1, Part I, Para. 3.08b(2), and a Department of Defense July 11, 1998, order that prohibited commissary and exchange privileges to those veterans.

DoD instructed its facilities that “honorably discharged veterans determined by the VA to have a service-connected disability of no less than 60%, but rated 100% disabled based on individual unemployability are entitled to MWR, Commissary and Exchange privileges.” This instruction is still in effect. M21-1, Part VII, Para 5.08b is still in effect except for the references to VLET, which PCGL letters have replaced.

In issuing letters for commissary and exchange privilege purposes, regional offices must use one of the three PCGL AB3 letters. They are: Future Exam Scheduled, No Future Exam Scheduled, and To Surviving Spouse. Do not use any other letters, and do not include any reference to an IU rating in the PCGL letters.

/s/

Bradley G. Mayes, Director

Compensation and Pension Service

• HadIt.com Elder

I guess Wings has nailed it and case is closed. 60% or more rated with TDIU are eligible for commissary benefits.

I guess I need to go back to check out the Commissary Wings cause I found in many cases it is like shopping at Sam's to get a deal you need large quantities and also THERE IS A LOT OF STUFF THERE THAT IS MORE EXPENSIVE.

I am going to check out again cause we are buying diapers and formula for little Liam and it is pretty expensive.

Bob, First get your Award Letter from the VARO (see below). EMAIL THIS LAW (below) to SPC Babcock !! ~~~Wings

December 14, 2006

In Reply Refer To: 216B

Fast Letter 06-27

Directors (00/21)

All Regional Offices and Centers

SUBJ: Commissary and Exchange Privilege Letters

The purpose of this letter is to advise regional offices that there has been no change in Department of Defense (DoD) or VA policy regarding commissary and exchange privileges for veterans rated 100% for individual unemployability (IU).

On May 10, 2000, Fast Letter 00-37 transmitted a ruling by DoD’s General Counsel that clarified the issue of commissary privileges for veterans rated 100% disabled due to IU. The ruling was the result of an apparent conflict between M27-1, Part I, Para. 3.08b(2), and a Department of Defense July 11, 1998, order that prohibited commissary and exchange privileges to those veterans.

DoD instructed its facilities that “honorably discharged veterans determined by the VA to have a service-connected disability of no less than 60%, but rated 100% disabled based on individual unemployability are entitled to MWR, Commissary and Exchange privileges.” This instruction is still in effect. M21-1, Part VII, Para 5.08b is still in effect except for the references to VLET, which PCGL letters have replaced.

In issuing letters for commissary and exchange privilege purposes, regional offices must use one of the three PCGL AB3 letters. They are: Future Exam Scheduled, No Future Exam Scheduled, and To Surviving Spouse. Do not use any other letters, and do not include any reference to an IU rating in the PCGL letters.

/s/

Bradley G. Mayes, Director

Compensation and Pension Service

i will keep pushing this and see if i can get a few people to see this different... thanks for the info... and all the advise one and all

• HadIt.com Elder

Bob...do what Wings said, but don't deal with this E-4. Jump up to his platoon leader, or better yet, his company commander. You'll get better results there. You are not beholden to follow his chain of command...you outrank him.