VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

It Is Good To Keep Your Mind Off Of Your Claim While It Is Pending..

Rate this question

jbasser

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

We all know that dealing witht he VA is a mind boggling scenario that can last for years. ( It seems like forever).

I have talked with several folks whose claims are close to being decided.

From my own personal experience, ( I just about went off the deep end) I drove my wife nuts because I was crossing every T and dotting every I and double checking all of the information I had submitted. After I found the VA Errors in my claims I turned into a raging pit bull and hounded the DRO into submission.

I needed a break and I could not afford to take one because there was so much at stake. I finally made a list of things to do to take my mind off the process and it worked. I kept giving myself things to look forward to like certain fishing trips or a vacation. Believe it or not, This activity actually helped me. I stepped back from the scene for a few days. When you return to the process, you feel refreshed and your mind actually works better. I discovered things I had completely missed.

So folks, Take breaks often. Dont let this stuff run your life.

JBasser

Edited by jbasser

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

I have to take all my papers and put them in the fileing cabinet then I push myself not to open them for at least a couple of weeks. My last claim for increase took from April till Dec. so I had to really stay away from it. I am meeting with my NEW VSO on Thursday of next week for a review of my last filing and a complete review of my c file for his recommnedations.

I think one of the best recommnedation was to get a complete copy of the c file and keep it current!

Stillhere