VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Alex Humphrey Died This Weekend

evandc

• HadIt.com Elder

>Subject: Alex Humphrey's

>Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 12:10:18 -0500

>From: "David Houppert" <DHouppert@vva.org>

>

>

>I am sad to report that Alex Humphrey?s passed away over the weekend. For those of

you that did not know Alex he was a volunteer VVA Appellate Attorney at the Board

of Veterans? Appeals. Alex served in Vietnam as Green Beret and went on to study at

Harvard and Yale. As an attorney Alex led a very successful professional career.

Following his retirement over a decade ago Alex contacted VVA about doing some pro

bono legal work for veterans. For many years Alex handled all VVA appeals before

the Board of Veterans? Appeals. Over the years he has helped thousands of claimants

for VA benefits prevail over the VA.

>

>As per Alex?s instructions his ashes will be deposited in Louisville and Nantucket.

As such there will be no service.

>

>Sincerely,

>

>David L. Houppert, Esq.

>Director, Veterans Benefits

>Vietnam Veterans of America

Edited by evandc

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

That is a real lose. Alex was a very smart guy. I really trusted what he had to say about vet matters. I hope the knew crop of vet lawyers can do as well as he did and be as smart. There have been so few lawyers who seemed to really know vet law and who wanted to practice.

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

What a great loss to the veteran community! Alex was a smart man, penetrating mind, good historian, heart and soul was keen to combat veteran's issues: heard the call of his brother's at arms. He will be missed. Thank you and Goodbye!

Salute Alex Humphrey!

Edited by Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

Alex Humpfrey was a special internet friend and he and I used to email each other. You could count on anything he had to say and for many years he was active on this Board.

He and Bill Smith were two of the best. Both dedicated lawyers helping Veterans with their claims and meanwhile our friend Larry Evans is close to death. This really hurts me.

His loss will be felt by many.

Thanks for letting us know I will light a candle and say a prayer for his soul.

Such sad news. Alex (and Pete here) and Bill Smith former BVA attorney were some of the very first vets my husband and I "talked" to in the old electronic vets community in the late 1980s or early 90s.

I have been concerned as I did not receive email replies from Alex around Christmas-and I had no idea he could be this ill-

We were very fortunate to have him at hadit from time to time- and he certainly helped thousands of veterans-

this is awful news-

Nothing Alex did for VVA and veterans was in vain.He gave us advocates a legacy to follow- he always did his best to help anyone he could .

I hope he rests in Peace.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use