Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gaf Of 50--what?

Rate this question

Nic25

Question

I was just recently given a gaf score of 50...does anyone know how to convert this score to a possible disability rating...or maybe provide me with some historical data or a site I can go to for conversions...thanks

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

How is it that when you go to the VA for a clinical or just as a outpatient one time they put down well dressed well nourished and so forth, the next time its street clothes and just the complete opposite ,and there are times when they do not put anything down ? RE:GAF when i went for Psychological Eval. the treating physcian i think it was less than 48% have to see progress note but i never knew this is a tool they utilized until reading it here.

• HadIt.com Elder

No telling but I think it really depends on who you are seeing.I have 2 appointments Monday and a lab so my basic plan is to not shave till I finish.

I also wear my Hadit Baseball Cap never know who will see it and check us out.

Pete

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Here's a link to my favorite GAF score illustration.

http://www.desertpacific.mirecc.va.gov/gaf...-scale-6-07.pdf

You can marry it up with the rating schedule Carlee posted earlier in the thread to get a good feel for who the rating schedule and GAF score line up.

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-....78&idno=38

However, having said that, the GAF score is only one part of the rating evaluation and they can use it for or against you.

Hope this helps,

TS Snave

So much depends on what else is going on and what the psych says. Rick has a 42, 39 and 50, all on different days, all depending on what he felt like ON THAT DAY. Some days you're the windshield, some days your the bug, and that about sums it up.

• Founder

i had some problems pulling up the gaf so i've attached it to this post

MIRECC_GAF_scale_6_07.pdf

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

Nic,

For mental disorders, please maintain your medical appointments and do not fall out of the VA system. The medical evidence is so important to your claim, not to mention other factors that can be evidence too. Such as home life, jobs, drinking ( if any ), and basically how you function everyday. All of this must be explained to the shrink, he or she should them translate this into medical evidence. Good luck and get help.