Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Outrageous

Rate this question

Berta

Question

"The blast left Landay with liver damage and doctors had to remove both his spleen and damaged tissue from his brain after the blast."

VA %- 10 percent!!!!!

"Boothby's temporary disability rating will be reevaluated annually, even though many of his injuries are permanent. He has traumatic brain injury and has lost more than half of his vision in both eyes. "

VA % Temporary- 70% !!!!!

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/WoodruffReports/S...9740&page=2

Sorry if someone already posted this info- I see that 151 comments have been posted at the News link on this story already-

Woodruff is trying to keep this outrageous situation in the news-

it occurred to me since VA now has to rate comparable with the DOD- the DOD itself might start lowballing and then VA has to follow the same rating-

an absolute outrage!

I hope Americans out there are beginning to see what is happening to these newly returning men and women-

who are disabled from war but fortunatley not a casualty of it-

3,991 dead -Iraq -as of 9 PM last night.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hello Berta i tend to agree this is more than an outrage espcially when the buget is over 500 billion,and the risk of lives absoloutely out weigh this cost espcially when nothing is gained and resolved.when Veterans return in such a condtion and ignored by FEDERAL AGENCIES.This is an embarrassment to the United States.I call this the FLEECING OF AMERICA.

I agree- It is an embaraasment and I wonder what other countries must think of the way we treat our veterans-

I see that John999 has posted the whole video.

I sure wish Julius Caesar was COmmander in CHief sometimes-

I dont mean in a political way-but he sure knew how to treat his war vets and the entire Roman Empire honored them and gave them exempliary medical care, no taxes, etc more bennies than you men and women get.

This is nothing short of outrageous.

We all need to forward the story to our elected officials and media outlets.

I'm sending it to mine one of whom is on the Veterans Committee.

All I can say is Bullshit!!!!

Bill

• HadIt.com Elder

This BS may go on for years regardless of who wins in November. The US government is using these soldiers and vets as disposible cannon fodder. They don't get it in the DOD or the VA. This kids are going to wise up soon and stop enlisting.

• HadIt.com Elder

Somebody at breakfast this morning told me there was TV coverage of the same story or a similar one last night. I am not sure if it was a local broadcast or network news. I will ask him next time I see him.

Makes you wonder if they should just abolish the entire VA system and simply come up with a new formula to distribute the billions from the anual budget to all the Disabled Veterans.

This is the exact type of story that breaks my heart. In addition, try using Veterans' Preference to get a Fed Job, it is the most corrupt system out there.