Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Awarded

Rate this question

noelmc

Question

This is a big thank you to everyone on this site. If it wasn't for the great people on this board this would never have happened. THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU. Especially Pete and Berta.

My husband was notified that he was awarded 100% P & T. He received the letter after he had given up. All of his appeals had been denied and he did not have the energy to keep going. Then six months after his last denial he received the letter.

He also received a letter from the Veterans service Center Manager that states

"The records of the Department of Veterans Affairs disclose that ----- is currently in receipt of 100% service connected disability compensation of 0000.00 per mponth effective 2/23/2007." Is this the normal letter that everyone receives to use for benefits? Does every letter have the monetary award stated in this letter for everyone to see?

Thank you

Noel's wife

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• Founder

it sounds normal to me as long as is he is being paid at 100% and you get your retro, not much but some, i am glad we could be of assistance we have some great folks on this site that day after day they come here to help each other, it's really something special.

This is a big thank you to everyone on this site. If it wasn't for the great people on this board this would never have happened. THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU. Especially Pete and Berta.

My husband was notified that he was awarded 100% P & T. He received the letter after he had given up. All of his appeals had been denied and he did not have the energy to keep going. Then six months after his last denial he received the letter.

"The records of the Department of Veterans Affairs disclose that ----- is currently in receipt of 100% service connected disability compensation of 0000.00 per mponth effective 2/23/2007." Is this the normal letter that everyone receives to use for benefits? Does every letter have the monetary award stated in this letter for everyone to see?

Thank you

Noel's wife

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

Yes-the rates are at the VA web site under COmpensation tables-

It pays to check the amount they send with the historic and dependents rates-

they make Plenty of errors in retro awards.

I am very happy for you both.

I think they will use March 1, 2007 as the beginning 100% date-multiply the 100 by the months up to this award- then they will deduct any monthly SC % he has received since then and this is how they determine the retro.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank you

Noel's wife

The Letter is an income verification letter to be used as proof of VA Compensation. Keep it in a safe place.

Congrats. 100% P@T also entitles you to chapter 35 benefits as well as champ VA for you and the Kids if they are in the covered age bracket. In addition, he also qualifies for a DOD ID card to use the Exchange / PX at the nearest installation as well as take advantage of Military recreational activities.

One biggie here is the use of Shades of Green at WDW.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats Noel and thank you for standing by your husband. One thing if he does not have Social Security Disabilty he should apply for it. You might also take a close look at the effective date as it looks like it should be an earlier one.

Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.