Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pete Has It On The Ball For A & A

Rate this question

gdsnide

Question

PETE

U were right in answering A & A is added to 100% Comp. where all the others said "NO"

Thank U again for the good answer & know wife wouldn't be worth much on her own A & A but will take every penny I can get.

Now all I have to do is win the damn thing. HA Have favorable opinions from every VA Doc I see

GARY

gdsnide

• Answers 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Someone said his service number was #00001

Naw its 007

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete

You and I are youngsters compared to the average age of some of the vets I see at my VAMC. These guys are Spanish Ameircan war vets I think. I think I heard one of them called General Grant and the other guy was Gen. Robert E. Lee. Maybe it was Ethan Allen or George Washington. The joint is run by Benedict Arnold.

Pete

You and I are youngsters compared to the average age of some of the vets I see at my VAMC. These guys are Spanish Ameircan war vets I think. I think I heard one of them called General Grant and the other guy was Gen. Robert E. Lee. Maybe it was Ethan Allen or George Washington. The joint is run by Benedict Arnold.

hahahahahaha - be careful john, there are those that already believe we older guys are cluttering up the VAMC's. B)

I misunderstood your post, Gary. I thought you were asking about A&A for yourself, with your wife being the attendant. Now I understand that it is your wife who needs the aid and attendance, not you.

Rental Guy, It's my wife & I that I am putting in for A & A for. Both of us.

GARY

gdsnide

• HadIt.com Elder
Rental Guy, It's my wife & I that I am putting in for A & A for. Both of us.

GARY

Now I see...it would be $3287 for regular A&A (SMC "L" for vet with spouse) and an additional $129 for A&A for the spouse. That would be a total of $3416/month, in lieu of the 100% rate. If you need a higher level of A&A, or if you qualify for a higher SMC rate, that figure would go up, of course.

90%, TDIU P&T

Now I see...it would be $3287 for regular A&A (SMC "L" for vet with spouse) and an additional $129 for A&A for the spouse. That would be a total of $3416/month, in lieu of the 100% rate. If you need a higher level of A&A, or if you qualify for a higher SMC rate, that figure would go up, of course.

what are the requierments to get the R1 and the R2 a&a. I have read the req. for the higher level of a&a but how does the the va determine which R does a veteran gets?