Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Or Share Of The Government Stimilus Payment

Rate this question

robert51

Question

Seems our government the one we fought so hard for found a loop hole a way to save millions so they can send it to another communist country that hates our guts.. I am a US citz.. my 2 children are us citz.. but my wife well she is a Filappano who uses a I TIN to pay taxes to the US... well some rocket scientist i am sure a Lawyer found a way to save money... A stimilus payment WILL NOT BE PAID TO ME BECAUSE OF MY WIFE.. so instead of say not sending her a payment as she is not a legal citz.. our goverment found a way to rip off me and my children ... Isnt American Great.. on the lighter side i read as of 5 years ago the US government GIVES away 55 Billion dollar a year to other countries who request it.. The fun never stops...

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Robert

There must be a way to get around this so you can at least get your money. Ask a CPA. They are experts at finding loopholes.

• HadIt.com Elder

The IRS has hired bill collectors and I am sure they are paid on what they collect.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

First of all If somebody decides they don't care to pay their taxes or cheat the IRS is not my problem that is what they have inspectors in the iRS to do that. Second when I worked for the IRS all I got was my pay check for the job I was doing. people do not realize that when they decide to ignore the IRS what ever money they owe and feel like not paying or response to the letters send to them for every day that goes by interest and penalties are been assest to your acoount and soon or later they will find you and they are not going to like the way the IRS collects that money. I think that if you owe taxes you should pay it and not worried about the IRS breathing down your neck or keeping your tax refund when it is tax season.

Here is what I know... I opened an acct for my daughter as a trust fund for when she is older... I put it in a court blocked acct but opened it in my name as trustee and my SSN I should of used her SSN so when the bank sent me the interest I though .. 400 per year in interest is not enough for her to file anything and I just let it go... years later I got the first letter by then the interest and penalty had the amount grow to over 2,800... I was told all the I could of did this and I could of done that...at this point I told the lady I had no income and was on a VA disability ... she said she was sorry but she had to peruse this and I would have to pay or appeal and I could go to Florida to court but as I live in the Philippines I though this is stupid.. I explained how I just thought because it’s my daughter’s money and she is a minor... etc... She said I am so sorry but I would advise you to pay and avoid any other trouble... She said she worked as a collection agent and was NOT an employee per say but a sub contractor... I then said well how about I pay you what you ask minus my stimulus payment... she said better to pay in full... I paid and insult to injury I will not be getting a stimulus payment because while I am a US citz. My son is a US cit and my daughter is a US citz my wife uses and I tin so I RS will NOT be sending me anything but their OH Well sorry...

Here is what I know... I opened an acct for my daughter as a trust fund for when she is older... I put it in a court blocked acct but opened it in my name as trustee and my SSN I should of used her SSN so when the bank sent me the interest I though .. 400 per year in interest is not enough for her to file anything and I just let it go... years later I got the first letter by then the interest and penalty had the amount grow to over 2,800... I was told all the I could of did this and I could of done that...at this point I told the lady I had no income and was on a VA disability ... she said she was sorry but she had to peruse this and I would have to pay or appeal and I could go to Florida to court but as I live in the Philippines I though this is stupid.. I explained how I just thought because it’s my daughter’s money and she is a minor... etc... She said I am so sorry but I would advise you to pay and avoid any other trouble... She said she worked as a collection agent and was NOT an employee per say but a sub contractor... I then said well how about I pay you what you ask minus my stimulus payment... she said better to pay in full... I paid and insult to injury I will not be getting a stimulus payment because while I am a US citz. My son is a US cit and my daughter is a US citz my wife uses and I tin so I RS will NOT be sending me anything but their OH Well sorry...

Sorry to hear your story, you are not the only one out there are thousands like you belieave me I know. The peolpe that work for the IRS are just doing there job just like any other person that have s a job. I have sympathy for some that have it hard but there is also some folks that just want to cheat and not pay there taxes those when caught I have sympathy for what they get.