Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has Anyone Gotten A Personal Call From Varo On Regards To Their Claim?

Rate this question

tdak

Question

Has anyone gotten a call from VARO on regards to their claim? I got one today due to the fact that I am trying to get 100% schedular so I can hopefully get some A&A rather than the 100% IU I already receive.

The person was like, well you already get 100% so why would you want to break out they other claims and have them rated separately, it won't change your rating. I was actually getting upset by them because of that. Who wouldn't want their claims listed separate, I mean if you (the VA) owe me benefits, comp, what I deserve (however you would like to put it) then rate them separate.

In order to get A&A you need to be 100%, so I really need them listed separately like they were supposed to be in the beginning. In all fairness, my secondary claim was sent in that was over a year ago and they dropped the ball and forgot that part of my claim unlit my rep mentioned it to them.

Well after about 10 minutes when I explained to them all of my issues(the several dozen that I have), their tune changed and realized that oh yeah they need to be rated separately and they would take my statement down, gee how nice of them.

I was told I should get a decision in a few weeks....hmmmm. I won't hold my breath waiting.

Have a great day!!!

tdak

"Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. "...Ronald Reagan

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Has anyone gotten a call from VARO on regards to their claim? I got one today due to the fact that I am trying to get 100% schedular so I can hopefully get some A&A rather than the 100% IU I already receive.

The person was like, well you already get 100% so why would you want to break out they other claims and have them rated separately, it won't change your rating. I was actually getting upset by them because of that. Who wouldn't want their claims listed separate, I mean if you (the VA) owe me benefits, comp, what I deserve (however you would like to put it) then rate them separate.

In order to get A&A you need to be 100%, so I really need them listed separately like they were supposed to be in the beginning. In all fairness, my secondary claim was sent in that was over a year ago and they dropped the ball and forgot that part of my claim unlit my rep mentioned it to them.

Well after about 10 minutes when I explained to them all of my issues(the several dozen that I have), their tune changed and realized that oh yeah they need to be rated separately and they would take my statement down, gee how nice of them.

I was told I should get a decision in a few weeks....hmmmm. I won't hold my breath waiting.

Just in case you really want to know the reality of your chance of ever getting to 100% by having all your various claims rated seperately, then here is a little "eye-opener":

Service Connected Disabilities Calculator

Service Connected Rating Percentage You may enter up to 10 different rated conditions Service Connected Rating Awarded Efficiency Remaining Efficiency Multiplier Total Disability

« » Start point 0 100.000000 Start

% SC Condition #1 20% 100 80.000000 20

% SC Condition #2 70% 56 24.000 76

% SC Condition #3 10% 2.4 21.600 78.4

% SC Condition #4 10% 2.16 19.440 78.4

% SC Condition #5 10% 1.944 17.496 82.504

% SC Condition #6 10% 1.7496 15.746 84.2536

% SC Condition #7 30% 4.72392 11.02248 88.97752

% SC Condition #8 20% 2.204496 8.817984 91.182016

% SC Condition #9 80% 7.0543872 1.763597 98.2364032

% SC Condition #10 80% 1.41087744 0.352719 99.64728064

340% = 99.64728064%

IN OTHER WORDS.........You'll never NEVER get 100% by your SC'd conditions.

Only by relying upon someone at the VA and their good will.....will you EVER get 100%.

That is, unless you show up minus all your appendages, blind, deaf and on Death's Door. Then they'll manage to stall your claim until you DO die.

Nice, comforting thought, ain't it?

:rolleyes:

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• HadIt.com Elder

I was called by my VARO to tell me that they were going to grant my SMC claim but they needed something in writing to say I wanted them to just rate me on what they had in my file. I was shocked since they never called me before or since. They actually did what they said they were going to do based on my word over the phone.

• HadIt.com Elder

John:

Congrats

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

The big congrats will come if and when I win my CUE back to 1971. Betty has led the way with her victory. I have a lawyer working on the case. Now if I could just get the homeland security to take me off the watch list. I sent them copies of every document I have to prove I am not a terrorist. Maybe it is the beard and turban I wear. You think?

I received a call today from the VARO in Oakland to tell me they were setting up an appt for my ED. Nothing was mentioned about my claim for my heart, depression, anxiety or PTSD. I guess I should be happy that something is happening after over a year of hearing nothing from the VA. Stay tuned for further developments, LOL Brian

I've waited this long and I'm not giving up....NEVER!!