VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam For Iu

Rate this question

Conecuh

Question

So, a C&P Exam for IU looks at ones SC conditions.("The purpose of the C&P exam is to provide very specific information in order to ensure a proper evaluation of the claimed disability rather than to provide medical treatment. A treatment examination is written for clinicians to understand, but a compensation and pension examination is written for RVSRs, lawyers, and judges to understand.")

So I should be thinking evidence? They have already ruled that I have SC conditions. The nature of the conditions says they will not improve.SSD has declared me disabled. A letter from Pvt Doctor "can not work because of DM2 & PN".Have not worked in 14 months.All of this is already documented and recorded by VA. I have no new evidence.Perhaps they want to see "What condition my condition is in!" <ahttp://www.hadit.com/forums/uploads/emoticons/default_angry.png' alt=':angry:'>

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are on SSD and you have a letter from your doctor saying you can't work that should be all you need. Just remember that when you go for the C&P exam to be having your worst day. Every word that comes out of your mouth can and will be used against you. If the doctor asks how you are doing today respond that you are doing terrible and hurt all over.

• HadIt.com Elder

So true, I have found out with c&p, its not a day to be 'nice' just be impartial and listen to questions. Most of my c&p was 'discussion', doc asking questions, getting 'comfortable' with me. Everything from the time I entered the room, shook docs hand and sat was considered. If I could have redone my exam I would have said 'let me think about that for a moment' or 'as far as I remember, there is something in my SMRs or CFIle on that' or 'I have been treated by the VA for that issue'. Er, I would also leave my smile at home and continue to be pleasant.

Note of caution, if the examiner wants to use an current VA 'xray' on file or such, recall xray analysis is 'read' by a VA doc and notes are written that describe the issue. I have two exact xrays, one civilian and one va, one is written 'softer' with more general feel good terms than the other.

In casual conversation, the doc got in a hurry, said oh by the way you were examined for this a few months ago or last year. That may or may not be in your favor. Just mind the 'fast talk' and do do do take someone with you if at all possible. Hand them pencil and paper to help out.

Just my humble opinion.

WIshing the best for you,

cg

If you are on SSD and you have a letter from your doctor saying you can't work that should be all you need. Just remember that when you go for the C&P exam to be having your worst day. Every word that comes out of your mouth can and will be used against you. If the doctor asks how you are doing today respond that you are doing terrible and hurt all over.
Edited by cowgirl

• HadIt.com Elder

After my first C&P I learned that you really need to be careful. When you get a copy they will write about how you looked, how you respomded and make a lot of Sherlock Holmes Observations.

Watch out for the minefield questions. Did you have problems in school making friends your family anything that they can lay on weaseling out of your claim

If your Dad beat you like a drumstick everyday you could answer how was your childhood with about the same as most I guess. By the way when I was a kid most of us took our share of beatings from Dad, the Schools and even Uncles and relatives.

I don't care what anyone tells you the VA is looking for ways to deny. I hope that you notice an example but its really in your best interest to tell the truth. I make it a policy to never say I feel good at the VA and to answer only the questions asked with as short an answer that I have.

In general when they ask me how I rate pain they write it down and that is it. My last C&P the Doc was well qualified and actually tried to help me out at end of it by suggesting a consult he though might help me.

So my advice as look at a C&P as a place you really need to watch your 6.

After my first C&P I learned that you really need to be careful. When you get a copy they will write about how you looked, how you respomded and make a lot of Sherlock Holmes Observations.

Watch out for the minefield questions. Did you have problems in school making friends your family anything that they can lay on weaseling out of your claim

If your Dad beat you like a drumstick everyday you could answer how was your childhood with about the same as most I guess. By the way when I was a kid most of us took our share of beatings from Dad, the Schools and even Uncles and relatives.

I don't care what anyone tells you the VA is looking for ways to deny. I hope that you notice an example but its really in your best interest to tell the truth. I make it a policy to never say I feel good at the VA and to answer only the questions asked with as short an answer that I have.

In general when they ask me how I rate pain they write it down and that is it. My last C&P the Doc was well qualified and actually tried to help me out at end of it by suggesting a consult he though might help me.

So my advice as look at a C&P as a place you really need to watch your 6.

I have already had my C&P exam 04/28/08 which was only 19 days ago. I went by freedom of information office and they mailed me a copy of that report. I understand that in that circumstance they mail out a copy to the vet at the same time as they send to VARO. So the rater now has my claim of IU. She (the examiner) was all business at first but after reading into my case began to be in my favor. The report is in my favor and had the phrase "is at least as likely as not".I know they could just ignore some of the evidence but it will be interesting to read WHY I am denied, if that is the way it goes. B) I was a bit skeptical that the VA would contrive to Deny bennefits to Vets. But I have even seen that in their training manuals.(deny for A, but do not mention B or C.) I was myself lowballed on my initial PTSD C&P. Did not know what I was doing. The doc put in things I did not say and left out things I did say. Selective to their favor. B) One thing I have noticed that might help others. Doctors do not like to sign statements to anything. They avoid doing that. But if you get a test that is in your favor, they do not mind signing off on that. Then other doctors do not mind signing off on what that doctor said. Then if something goes wrong it is the test that is at fault. (Don't sue me, it wasn't my fault!) Anyhow, if your case can be proven by a test, do it, even pvt doc B)

• HadIt.com Elder

Consider that from the time you drive up to the VAMC for the exam until you leave you may be watched. I get a kick out of the standard line about the veteran being well groomed and appropriately dressed. You could come in flip flops and your underwear and that would get the same response. Oh, and don't make eye contact. That's a no no.