Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Was Told........

Rate this question

usmcpitboy

Question

Im in the process of getting my VA disability taken care of. I was told that I should also file for SSD. Dont I havent to be like 65 or something for that? I have no clue how it works. If some one could guide me to who to talk with to get my SSD started that would be awesome. And also explain a little what it is and all. Thanks!!

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yup. John's right.

I've got the VA (and they are really good for such things as primary care, check-ups, pharmacy (even though I bitch a lot about the pharmacy, they still are good to me), orthopedic appliances, flu shots, and, if you take some over-the-counter meds (like Sudafed for your allegies, etc.).

Then, to really make sure I've got all my bases covered, I've got my Medicare Advantage program (I'm 62 y.o. and have had Medicare since I was found disabled by the SSA in 2002, when I was 56).

So, I can either use the VA or, I can go to a private medico, hospital, etc.

The VA is great if, for example, you are traveling and need something. I was in Murfreesboro, TN, a couple months ago, and had trouble with my leg brace........bingo, fixed!

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

Yup. John's right.

I've got the VA (and they are really good for such things as primary care, check-ups, pharmacy (even though I bitch a lot about the pharmacy, they still are good to me), orthopedic appliances, flu shots, and, if you take some over-the-counter meds (like Sudafed for your allegies, etc.).

Then, to really make sure I've got all my bases covered, I've got my Medicare Advantage program (I'm 62 y.o. and have had Medicare since I was found disabled by the SSA in 2002, when I was 56).

So, I can either use the VA or, I can go to a private medico, hospital, etc.

The VA is great if, for example, you are traveling and need something. I was in Murfreesboro, TN, a couple months ago, and had trouble with my leg brace........bingo, fixed!

thanks for the info. About how long does it take before I start seeing funds? Things are getting really tight around here since I cant work and a baby on the way isnt helping things much either. Ive already learned a ton more on this site than I have from asking the VA questions. Thanks again Everyone!!