Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Reviewed Most Likey Every Year

Rate this question

kris

Question

Hi all;

I saw my (DAV) SO they other day and she told me that 80 to 90% of vets get reviewed every year if they are TDIU vets. Ofcourse after trying to rest easy for almost 2 months this put the fear of the VA back in my face. I am PT no future exams but she saif that doesn't matter.

I was turned down on my back claim with should of been a no brainer to the VA and my SO wants me to do an appeal. I could be wrong but what I have read on this site is if you are already 100% do not upset the apple cart and have the VA go back into your claims.

Your words help me through my whole process and mean alot to me so any input would be helpful.

Thank you for your time.

Kris

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Teac, I see it on here from time to time where a veteran goes in and gain in one area and loose in another. As for having a "valid claim" I beg to differ this is not always true or this board would not be here. I watched nightmare after nightmare thinking wow I hope this doesn't happen to me, then I get to see a soldier on 60 minutes with burns all over his body and no nose and a big toe for a thumb other arm gone to the elbow and a metal cranium cap for a hat and 50% for his troubles, and another guy with shrap metal though out his body from an IED to be not SC or existing. Now when I look at my claim and the 7 inches of SOLID evidence it was easy to give me a denial when compared to these guy's. Yes I get scared every time I think of the possibilities the VA will come up with next to deny my claim again and sometimes the obvious isn't treated as a "valid claim" with the VA. I'm not trying to P/O you I have seen just to much in the last 8 month with me and with others here and that's a fact they all can't be wrong, even if there is a turd sprinkled in here and there..My thought was leave well enough alone, but on the other hand I guess if its needed badly for certain reasons then by all means....

Edited by yoggie2

Yoggie,

I understand your point, the va does make mistakes after all they are human too....

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are 100% and file another claim the VARO usually does review your 100% as well as the claim. I filed for tinnitus and had a complete review. How do I know it said so in my denial.

The reason I filed was hopefully to be able to get the insurance but it did not work.

Kris:

Your SO is full of beans but on the other hand anyone who is TDIU can expect some review from time to time same as Social Security.

Willy, I never thought of it that way, Ha,Ha when you look at it that, me too.LOL