Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

4 Weeks..... Still No Ptsd C&p Results

Rate this question

Quint7

Question

I'm just venting. I know that it is a wait and wait game, but I had my PTSD C&P's 4 weeks ago and the ROI office says that they STILL aren't available to send to me.

Ugh......... I honestly told my Vet Center councilor that I just needed to take a break from all of this for a while after all of that. I have only been to 2 individual sessions and skipped all Group sessions since then. I want to know what was said about me before I go back because I know that if either of the examiners wrote down anything but the truth I will flip out.

And on top of that I still haven't heard from Dr. Bash since he cashed my check 6 weeks ago. His assistant replied to an email to her on Saturdaysaying that she would check on my status with him, but nothing since.

AND the VA tells me that my knee and back claims WILL NOT move forward at all until the PTSD claim is settled.

Like I said, just venting.

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm just venting. I know that it is a wait and wait game, but I had my PTSD C&P's 4 weeks ago and the ROI office says that they STILL aren't available to send to me.

>>Did you send a FOIA Letter? Freedom of Information Act, 1974.

Ugh......... I honestly told my Vet Center councilor that I just needed to take a break from all of this for a while after all of that. I have only been to 2 individual sessions and skipped all Group sessions since then. I want to know what was said about me before I go back because I know that if either of the examiners wrote down anything but the truth I will flip out.

And on top of that I still haven't heard from Dr. Bash since he cashed my check 6 weeks ago. His assistant replied to an email to her on Saturday saying that she would check on my status with him, but nothing since.

>>Wow, that's just plain wrong! Cashing a check before services rendered? Others should comment!

AND the VA tells me that my knee and back claims WILL NOT move forward at all until the PTSD claim is settled.

>>>So, except for the C&P Exam, your PTSD Claim is ready to rate? The RO will get that C&P Exam before you do; but all C&P's are sent electronically - within a day or two of exam to that VARO. Somebody's yanking your chain on getting the C&P results!! Make sure you send them a written letter, walk it over to FOI Office. No phone calls or verbals on this issue! ~Wings

Like I said, just venting.

"The RO will get that C&P Exam before you do; but all C&P's are sent electronically - within a day or two of exam to that VARO." My C&P for IU was 28th, 9 days ago. That was a Friday and the nurse practitioner said she would get it out that day! I ask her if I had passed the exam. :blink: She looked at me funny then smiled and said,"You have a bad case of Peripheral Neuropathy"1. Can I go to Freedom of Information and get a copy of that exam?2. Cant I sign something and get a copy of my whole C-File? I have been increased to 80%, but only 10% for PTSD.3.Can the rater increase my PTSD percent, per that exam for IU?

I believe its written somewhere they have 30 days to submit thier findings to the RO. I have found they are submitted within 2 weeks.

You can go to the FOI office in your clinic/hospital and get a copy of the report if they have sent it to the RO.

While I may be lucky in my 2 claims in the past I knew the rating within 30 days of the RO gettting the Comp Exam results.

Dave had his C&P in Nov. 2007 the results were not available until 18 Jan 2008 we got a copy on 24 Jan.

The examiner in her comments dated 18 Jan. said the claim should not be held up any longer that enough evidence was present to rate the claim now.

It did not go to rater until 5 March and a decision was made 28 May.

• HadIt.com Elder
Dave had his C&P in Nov. 2007 the results were not available until 18 Jan 2008 we got a copy on 24 Jan.

The examiner in her comments dated 18 Jan. said the claim should not be held up any longer that enough evidence was present to rate the claim now.

It did not go to rater until 5 March and a decision was made 28 May.

....which is "light speed" when filtered thru the prism called the "VA"!

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

I can not find ANYTHING in the "new and improved" M21-1MR (manual rewrite); and the old M21-1 is being recinded as we meet! I wish I had kept the old manual; even so they are re-writingt new rules everyday.

USE THIS SITE http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/

There's a drop down box, select Comppensation and Pension, search C&P Exams

Some answers here, in this section of M21-1MR, Part III, Subpart iv, Chapter 3

http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/M21_1MR.html#3iii

Chapter 3 - Examinations, Last Updated 12/13/05

Table of Contents - Table of Contents, Last Updated 08/01/06

Section A - Examination Request, Last Updated 08/01/06

Section B - Scheduling Examinations, Last Updated 12/13/05

Section C - Control of Examinations, Last Updated 12/13/05

Section D - Examination Reports, Last Updated 12/13/05

Section E - VA Medical Facilities, Last Updated 12/13/05