Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How To Aquire Veteran's Disability Benefits Without Joining The Military

Rate this topic

SSGMike.Ivy

Well, here's my two cents, for what it's worth.

Nowhere in the article does it state who was at fault for the divorce. Having said that, he does say that during his 24 year marriage to his wife, he apparently put her through heck. I don't know if she worked during their marriage, but regardless, I can assure you, as the wife of a PTSD vet who didn't get help for 25 years, that she DID work with him, dealing with his issues.

She deserves to get some help for all of those years, in my opinion. This is different from the other cases that were mentioned where they just got married, he went to Iraq, she moved in with boyfriend. This is 24 YEARS, it shows she was in it for the long haul.

If my husband and I divorced, would I expect alimony? No, but that's because I am the one who worked all of our married life, and I can support myself. However, that is my case, not anyone else's, so it depends on the circumstances.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

I made a decision a long time ago that if I ever got divorced that I would try to work out something fair to her and to me and to my way of thinking it would be to add up all the money coming in and split 50/50. If one wants to stay in house to make payments but if it sells 50/50 over what is owed or get cash out refinance. If one wants to keep the car adjustments.

The things that you inherited or owned before marriage should be exempt. But no matter what after 24 years they should at least have the dignity to be fair to each other.

My brother is divorced and he is still good friends with his ex wife cause they worked things out.

Many people with PTSD have more than 1 marriage and in the entire senario the kids under 19 would come first

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have no problem with splitting the proceeds from jointly owned property. It is the fact of having to pay someone a portion of my income, simply due to the gender of the that someone. It's called "get a job (or ssdi, etc.) and stop mooching. I can't even imagine this if the shoe was on the other foot.

yes ladies...I know...I am a pig...lol

90%, TDIU P&T

I have no problem with splitting the proceeds from jointly owned property. It is the fact of having to pay someone a portion of my income, simply due to the gender of the that someone. It's called "get a job (or ssdi, etc.) and stop mooching. I can't even imagine this if the shoe was on the other foot.

yes ladies...I know...I am a pig...lol

It makes about as much sense as having your car taken away from you, and being told you still have to pay a portion of the gas. Someone's riding it, but it's not you...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use