Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dr. Bash

Rate this question

JohnM

Question

We have sent the form in for Dr. Bash to help us with my brothers claim. Does anyone know how long it takes for him to reply and how much it will cost? Thanks for advise in advance.

Dianne

• Answers 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Sorry Quint that you are angry. Why not contact Dr Bash and see if you can get originals returned.

Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Quint7...I went to Dr Bash's website and read his rules for new patients and it says something like to send copies not originals because when he is done a reputable shredding company shreds them. I hope that is not the case for you. Call Him...

It says on his site that he returns any films, etc but shreads documents.

I got an email from his asst. and she said to resend me name, address, etc and he will return the films.

I sent a return shipping slip (which his asst. asked me about on the phone last month) and I assumed that the report and films would arrive together, which they didn't.

As I said, the report is worth..... well it is basically what I have written to VA, with his credentials, one paragraph stating that some medical book says this and that and the letter from some other doc agreeing with Dr. Bash.

He didn't address any of my issues with the C&P vs. what is in my records, didn't tie my back into my longterm knee injury, just said I am too far degenerated for my age......

I just want my films back and then I'm done with this..........

My case is almost EXACTLY like one of his cases on his web page, yet my report is NOTHING like that. Very short, not in depth, almost none of my evidence referred to......... anyway. I'm out $1500.00, period.

My 2 cents.

• HadIt.com Elder

I am adding 2 cents that may not mean much, but I found DR Bash to be expensive and aloof, I went to another doctor for the IMO which by the way cost 610.00 the ten was for postage. He also worked for the VA and knew the language the VARO needs to read. But like most IMO's they promptly got another C&P doctor that rebuffed everything the IMO stated. I expect at the BVA level that they will see that the VARO was doctor shopping to get statements to justify their denials, given it is their 4th C&P exam and they used 4 different doctors ranging from NP to regular doctors and not cardiologists that the BVA will find in my favor, my lawyer hopes to settle it with a conference with the DRO, I expect it to go to BVA, after 6 years I gave up hoping for the easy outcomes. This all comes down to the VA does not want to deal with the long term exposures to chemical weapons and drugs they used at Edgewood Arsenal. But there are other doctors that can write good IMO's other than DR Bash and are not as expensive.

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

Did you go to this Dr. for your IMO? Is this Dr located in your state? Was this recently?

Would like to find one reasonable and familiar with the regulations and format. Also when I had my personal hearing I asked for a new C&P but this was not addressed nor was it on the transcript...guess the tape broke when I dissed the examiner.

Who or where are the other Dr's who write IMO"s?

Thanks.

I am adding 2 cents that may not mean much, but I found DR Bash to be expensive and aloof, I went to another doctor for the IMO which by the way cost 610.00 the ten was for postage. He also worked for the VA and knew the language the VARO needs to read. But like most IMO's they promptly got another C&P doctor that rebuffed everything the IMO stated. I expect at the BVA level that they will see that the VARO was doctor shopping to get statements to justify their denials, given it is their 4th C&P exam and they used 4 different doctors ranging from NP to regular doctors and not cardiologists that the BVA will find in my favor, my lawyer hopes to settle it with a conference with the DRO, I expect it to go to BVA, after 6 years I gave up hoping for the easy outcomes. This all comes down to the VA does not want to deal with the long term exposures to chemical weapons and drugs they used at Edgewood Arsenal. But there are other doctors that can write good IMO's other than DR Bash and are not as expensive.

• HadIt.com Elder

NO my lawyer arranged it based on a review of my SMRs and civilian medical records and VA records it is a cardiologist board certified based in denver who treats vets and is familiar with VA legalese he also notated the agrravating factors of my PTSD on my cardiovascular problems as shown by the studies by DR Boscarino that the BVA has been accepting for the past 3 years as being a cause and effect of cardiovascular problems the IMO from DR Ketchum the retired Army Colonel from Edgewood Arsenals' chemical weapons and drug experiments also foucused on my PTSD being an aggravating factor with my cardiovascular problems. He is a retired Army Colonel and was Chief of Pyschiatry at Fort Benning when he retired, he had spent most of the previous 25 years at Edgewood doing the drug experiments LSD....

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."