VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dr. Bash

Rate this question

JohnM

Question

We have sent the form in for Dr. Bash to help us with my brothers claim. Does anyone know how long it takes for him to reply and how much it will cost? Thanks for advise in advance.

Dianne

• Answers 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

It is hard to determine- how long and how much Dianne-

he usually tries to respond right away-

I heard from him within a day or 2 of emailing him -he called me and we discussed what evidence I had and it took him less than a week to prepare my initial IMO-

he didnt need the SMRs so that saved time and also I had tabbed the medical records as to where the evidence was that I listed on a cover letter.(Labs reports, MRI, ECHO etc.)

I did have other documents that he needed -past FTCA and Section 1151 stuff and SOC, SSOCs from the VA for past claims and the present claim I have.

Also I had additional medical evidence that he did not incorporate into his IMO but that I had submitted to the RO myself.

My second IMO I needed from him was to knock down a VA medical opinion (the VA has never even opined on his IMOS)

and he did this while he was on vacation in California and it took only a week.

It depends on many factors- how long it will take him to access the records( I suggest tabbing the main records) but he reads everything you send him-

and also how involved the opinion might be.

He bases his fees on all that too.

Edited by Berta

IT WAS ABOUT 3 WEEKS FOE MINE,I ASK FOR AN INCREAS ON ONE S/C,NOD ON 4 DENIEALS.COST 2000.00...I DON'T KNOW IF IT WAS WORTH IT BUT MY SERVICE WIGTHER SAID IT LOOKED GOOD TO HIM.SO I MAY HAVE GOT MY MONEYS WORTH.TIME WILL TELL.

WOW!

I have been waiting 3 months since he received my info and cashed my check for a back and knee problem.

I got an email a month ago telling me that my report would be ready in 2 or 3 days, then a phone call 2 weeks later saying that thye were just finishing the report and I emailed Monday to politely ask what the deal was. No reply yet.

All of this was for a DRO hearing for an appeal and the 90 days I asked for are closing in quick.

Dr. Bash himself told me thatthe fee was $1500.00 and that normally it would be $3000.00 for that service.

I sent everything, SMR, CFile, etc, all broken down and tabbed as Berta suggested.

I am just sitting and waiting I guess.

I used Dr. Bash---he did take alot longer to supply his IMO-independent medical opinion then advertised. I used the IMO some two years ago, paying him $1000. However, the IME-independent medical exams I obtained were (I feel) as much, maybe more beneficial. I used three neurologists, three orthopedic physicians, and a physiatrist. (Most of which was paid by private medical insurance, fortunately). What Dr. Bash did was evaluate the "medical evidence". Dr. Bash is good. However, if possible, submit evidence from more than one medical specialty. Also, you will find the VARO try to downplay Dr. Bash's "IMO" as he did not actually exam you. Hogwash--the rebuttal is the IMO is still viable supportive "medical evidence". Good luck!!