Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dr. Bash

Rate this question

JohnM

Question

We have sent the form in for Dr. Bash to help us with my brothers claim. Does anyone know how long it takes for him to reply and how much it will cost? Thanks for advise in advance.

Dianne

• Answers 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I think that my reply came across wrong. When I was talking about the DRO, I was talking about an in person meeting where I will be able to lay out all of the evidence, including statements from my Dr. and Dr. Bash, along with VA's own training letter and everything else that I have to GET sc or my back. VA previously denied it as having no Nexus (my Dr. wrote and IMO about that) and the C&P examiner failed to follow VA's own training letter as to the onset of this disease or to at least refer me for a complete spinal exam (she did a ROM test only).

The issue with my knee is failure of the rater to actually read the medical reports and rate me for what I have, which would rate 20% vs. the 10% I now have for it. Dr. Bash actually listed the percentage I feel I rate INSTEAD of using the VA term "moderate" which to me looks like the IMO will be tossed out as it specifies percentages and not degree of disability as the exam worksheets do.

From everything I have learned on HADIT, all examiners are supposed to examine and document, not try to actually "rate". like I said, if you go to Dr. Bash's page he has a wonderful writeup about a knee problem and a few on lower back problems. Even though these are not the full report that Dr. Bash did, the parts that are quoted in the decision are far, far more indepth than what I received. As I said, my report consists of him quoting back what I wrote to him and adding a quote from a medical journal. That is fine, I believe that even without his report I have enough evidence to prove my claim, BUT had I known the timeframe it would take to get the report (well over 3 months), the stress that I gotfrom no reply for weeks after asking where my MRI/Xray films were, the disappointment with the actual report as opposed to what I had heard... well take that and the 3 weeks worth of pay that I gave up to cover the cost of this and I will say that I think I ended up with a lower quality than expected product.

But, as I've also said, I haven't been on here trashing his name or anything like that, I have just mentioned my situation a few times when I have seen fit and as I said in the earlier post, I genuinely think that his workload might be to high to allow the finished product to match the expectations of members of this board.

Perhaps my reply was also taken in an erroneous light.

I did not post here (I am realtively new to hadit and it seems the prior post might have been directed my way) to bash Dr. Bash.

I was trying to make a point to all who might choose to hire him to just be sure you understand what you are paying for and that you pay accordingly that which you are comfortable with and also expecting nothing in return (refund) should you choose to accept his suggestion that you "pre pay" for an opinion that you "might" need later... in other words, pay as you go.

I will be more careful in the way that I express myself in the future.

Were it not for Berta and others on hadit, my claim would be non existent and I am most thankful to those who give of their knowledge, time and ability on here to help others with less knowledge of the system. Many are deserving of what VA owes them and will never receive it.

I pray that I won't be one of them. Time will tell.

I apologize to anyone whom I may have offended.

Judy

• HadIt.com Elder

Since only heaven knows how long your DRO will be delayed if you try and reschedule it I might try and reschedule my vacation. If your DRO is going to net you possible thousands in compensation you have to think about it. The VA does have a way of really making things hard on a vet. I got three psychiatric opinions for about 200 bucks a piece and insurance paid for most of it. I see what Bash can do as to tying everything together and reviewing the records and using all the right buzz words. He wanted $2500 to do my PN secondary to DMII claim, but I just appealed it to death and won it without his opinion. With Bash I think if you are talking about IU or 100% schedular it might be worth the price since you make up for it in 3-4 months. I believe the VA is starting a new program where if you argee to just kill yourself they will pay your spouse 100,000 bucks....joking. I think they did try to pass a thing where they would offer vets with less than 30% a buyout. Imagine desparate and poor vets taking the money just to pay the bills or buy a truck.

• HadIt.com Elder

We are all just putting in our experience and opinions. I don't see how anyone can be offended however Hadit has many Vets who look here for help and never post so the only thing I was trying to say is that we all need to be careful as hurt feelings are a minor thing as to leading a Veteran with a claim that might hurt them in long run.

As I have said earlier I think Dr Bash charges to much but for the most part I know several Vets he has helped and many more who said that he has.

We need to take care of each other and be as helpful as possible.

Quint,

You posted

"VA previously denied it as having no Nexus (my Dr. wrote and IMO about that) and the C&P examiner failed to follow VA's own training letter as to the onset of this disease or to at least refer me for a complete spinal exam (she did a ROM test only)."

The examiner's are only SUPPOSED to do what ever the decision maker request.

The examiner's (as far as I know) do not carry the authority to send

or refer a claimant onto an additional exam - and at no time do they have

the authority to send the claimant for treatment.

The examiner's are SUPPOSED to go by an examination worksheet for what-ever

condition the decision maker has requested.

If the IVDS/DDD training letter is NOT a part of that worksheet for a Compensation & Pension examination - then the examiner doesn't pay any attention to the training letter and more likely than not, is not even aware of the training letter, and is not bound to it in any form.

Hope this helps a vet.

jmho,

carlie

With me the VA examiner (Ortho)opinion that the knee aggravated the DDD/IVDS/Spondy., then VA ortho examiner on his own requested VA neuro consult,VA neuro then consulted VA radiologist. VA ortho said yes to secondary aggravation, VA neuro/radio., said "No" secondary aggravation, that condition was "congenital"-claim denied. Long lengthy appeal with BVA ruling in my favor. Did VA ortho examiner follow IVDS/DDD training letter(?) evidently not. Did he have authority to referr me for additional exams-I don't know. This is when additional IMO/IME were beneficial. Dr. Bash and many others were obtained from multiple medical specialties outside the VAMC system.