Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dr. Bash

Rate this question

JohnM

Question

We have sent the form in for Dr. Bash to help us with my brothers claim. Does anyone know how long it takes for him to reply and how much it will cost? Thanks for advise in advance.

Dianne

• Answers 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Yes, Dr. Bash is expensive but he has been able to compile

Medical Evidence properly for so many claimants to get their claims approved.

If you do a BVA search through all the years you will find many claims granted

due to Bash's IMO.

OK, let's just take a beginning rate on him doing work on an original claim that

VA has denied, and the veteran has filed a NOD on.

Say Dr.Bash charges 2,000.00, vet gets granted 10%. This doesn't look like much

but in 20 months Dr. Bash's (or who ever you use) IMO has paid for itself and as

likely as not the claimant will receive at least that 10 % compensation for life.

jmho,

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

I would say that considering the possible "payout" it could be worth it. BUT, to state something like "if this doesn't work, let me know and for XXXX amount of money I will write an even more indepth report" is just wrong. If, in his opinion, there was more to write it should've been included in my (and apparently others) report from the get go. Especially if that vet is broke and the amount is $2000-3000 for the IMO. I personnaly sold stuff off to pay for his IMO because I didn't have the cash laying around.

That being said, I also asked more than a few other Dr.'s to give me an IMO and like was said 2 posts ago, they told me that they weren't going on record fighting with the VA.

A lose, lose situation for vets.

Edited by Quint7

I understand I am new to the way the VA does business, but it seems as you get older the VA careless and is more able to blow you off. Me being a young Iraq vet I am constantly looking up info and trying to make myself more knowledgable towards the way they do business. It just seems that many older vets have horror stories about the VA, I can say that so far I have not had a problem, but i am glad to find this forum and have info like this just in case, to cover my 6

Carlie, he included some piece of paper with some other Dr.'s letterhead on it and a "I concure with Dr. Bash" as the statement on it and a handwritten note (barely legible) that said that if I wanted to get THAT Dr. to send his IMO agreeing with Dr. Bash to send $500.00 more and that if my decision went against me to contact him about the cost of a 2nd IMO from him as a counter to the denial.

As I said in a post before, having read his webpage that has a case almost exactly like mine, I was very disappointed with what I got for my money in comparison to that example. Add in the request for additional money, the delays in geting my report and my original diagnostic films back to me and overall I would say that I would not use his services again nor recommend them to other vets.

Again, taking all of that into account, I gotta believe if the vet is local to either of his offices where they could go in and be examined in person by Dr. Bash it might be worth it as the VA would have a much harder time discounting his report if it states that he examined the vet in person along with his/her entire medical history.

:lol: May be this was asked earlier on a prior post. How much of a staff does Dr. Bash employ to assist him with his IME/IMO?? I find alot of vets are waiting longer for the IMO's than originally anticipated. I wonder--does he employ claims developers/processors to do the IMO's with final review/ revise by him, then his signature? Does he have an office with staff to work out of? How much can he still actually physically do? I would assume with his MS that he does need to employ some assistants. I noticed some vets very satisfied with Dr. Bash's services, and some not so. *It is great that "hadit" forum is available to help each vet think it over before obtaining his services.