VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iris:

Rate this question

MrPain7

Question

I recieved a decision in Jan. 2004 approving my claim for cervical (20%) and lumbar strain (10%) I immediatly filed an appealed the reason being my cervical and lumbar disabilities required a higher rating.

In march and september of 2006 I had C&P exams for an increase which were positive for Polyradiculopathy,degenerative disk disease and peripheral neuropathy of upper and lower extremities due to my cervical and lumbarsacral disabilities.

I made contact thru Iris.........

Iris replied: 6/25/2008 Your Claim is ready for a decision. Once a decision is made,we will notify you with a copy of the rating decision.

Iris reply: 7/17/2008 Our records show that your claim has been forwarded to the rating board. Once your claim is completed,you will receive a letter and a copy of the rating...

What the next step with the process of my claim and how valid is Iris ???

Thank everyone for there help and advise..........

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

It's a system that will give you no more information than what you could receive via the 1-800 number; it's managed by the same folks who manage the telephone customer service.

However, one benefit of IRIS is that you have a written record of your inquiry and the reply (after 5-10 days).

Ron

It's a system that will give you no more information than what you could receive via the 1-800 number; it's managed by the same folks who manage the telephone customer service.

However, one benefit of IRIS is that you have a written record of your inquiry and the reply (after 5-10 days).

Ron

I have used the iris communication for some time now, mainly for the reason of documentation and verification. The problem is they make counterdicting statements in those iris mcommunicaztions and I have many that I could show the iris communication to and prove the point. Problem is who would you show them to?

... and I have many that I could show the iris communication to and prove the point. Problem is who would you show them to?

I used 12 pages of IRIS inquiries and replies as attachments to a letter to the VA explaining my

profound displeasure in having to submit the same document on seven occasions (and they were still asking for it).

I haven't had any additional requests for that document since I sent my 13-page letter and attachments, inclusive.

Ron

• HadIt.com Elder

MrPain: The IRIS's are valid. They both say the same thing; you're claim is at the rating board. The next step is to wait for the decision letter. I would say that you probably have less than six weeks left, based on my experiences and what I have read on this board. I would pick one day per week, and call the 800# on that day. It worked for me.