VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Compassion Va Workers

Rate this question

gp747

Question

I HAVE BEEN IMPATIENT LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE,BUT I DO WANT TO SAY I DO HAVE SOME COMPASSION FOR THE PEOPLE WORKING THE CLAIMS . WHEN I WENT FOR C&P I HAD TO GO THROUGH BASEMENT WHERE THEY KEEP PEOPLES CLAIM FOLDERS AND WAS SHOCKED TO SEE STUFF THAT HAD JUST COME IN FEDERAL EXPRESS JUST THAT ONE DAY. THE LADY WAS HAVING A LITTLE DIFFICULTY FINDING MINE. SHE SEEMED UPSET AND I TOLD HER IT WAS OK I DIDNT MIND COMING BACK. SHE SAID WELL I MIND,SHE SOON AFTER FOUND IT . BUT I COULD TELL SHE TOOK HER JOB SERIOUSLY. HOWEVER THERE ARE ALWAYS GOING TO BE A FEW BAD APPLES IN SOMETHING BIG AS DEPT VETERANS AFFAIRS. ANY WAY I JUST THOUGHT EVEN THOUGH I HAVE BEEN FIGHTING FOR YEARS I WOULD EXPRESS MY FEELINGS ABOUT THEM.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I am like you, I have met some very nice VA employees.

The PhD Psyhologist who did my first C&P

was the highest of intergrity.

Too bad the VA spoiled it all, by deciding to go for another

C&P and shoot him down.

They brought in two big guns.

In the end the PhD Psychologist won at the BVA level.

Honesty is the best policy.

Betty

Edited by Josephine

I too used to have the feeling that most VA workers had altruistic notions. After two years (which I know is not abnormally long in the VA processing world) I think differently.

Yes, there are some who are great; however, many aren't even close to that level.

JMO,

Ron

I have had some excellent and very compassionate VAMC employees

that provided services to me.

I have had some real SOB VA employees at the Regional office.

jmho,

carlie

I make it a point to send a compliment via IRIS when my spouse or I get good service from a VA employee, be it a doctor, nurse, examiner, the 1-800-827-1000 service officer, or the cashier.

In my opinion, with all the negative press out there for the VA, I'm sure the really good employees who are honestly trying to make a difference appreciates it. :P

I also send compliments when I receive good service. Not that this is the reason I do it, but I believe that the man in charge of the regional office knows I mean it and I always get good service. I should also say, that if something goes wrong, I also send a message.

YEAH WHEN I FIRST STARTED OUT I WAS VERY RUDE ,SOMEWHERE ALONG THE LINE I FOUND GOD AND CHANGED MY WHOLE PERSPECTIVE ON A LOT OF THINGS.I WAS ANGRY , PART OF MY ILLNESS. AND I STILL HAVE TO WATCH MYSELF, AND REALISE OTHER PEOPLE HAVE FEELINGS TOO. JUST BECAUSE THINGS ARE NOT GOING MY WAY,IS NO REASON TO TAKE IT OUT ON THE WORLD.