VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Psych Doc @ The Va

Rate this question

SouthernBelle

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

My husband and I have asked for a MEDICAL OPINION from the treating psychiatrist several times. Each time we ask, he says he will evaluate. He gives us PROGRESS NOTES. No opinion. The only thing that could be an opinion is the GAF score (averages 50). What can I do to get his OPINION and not him restating what my husband says?!

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder
Well, God bless Alex Humphrey! There are so few willing to fight for us on a large scale.

Speaking of the GAF score, I presented the VA with their own evidence! I sent them their own regulations as evidence for my husband. I said, "According to your own regulations for determining disability rating, I am at the 70 percent level with a GAF score of 45 at my latest evaluation, and an average GAF score of 50." I though myself quite clever for doing that, guess I'm not that clever after all.

Hey Purple, I like that t-shirt idea. We should have some made up and sell them on hadit.com!

Well, Darlin, you were quite clever in doing what you did.

But, when you are dealing with mushrooms, sometimes you must remove the surrounding bullshit before they can see the light of day.

Keep shoveling.

B)

• HadIt.com Elder

I've been shoveling for five years now, and I have NO intention of stopping. I'm cantankerous (I have been called that since the first time my Daddy layed eyes on me) I also always have to have the last word...

Well, Darlin, you were quite clever in doing what you did.

But, when you are dealing with mushrooms, sometimes you must remove the surrounding bullshit before they can see the light of day.

Keep shoveling.

B)

• HadIt.com Elder
I've been shoveling for five years now, and I have NO intention of stopping. I'm cantankerous (I have been called that since the first time my Daddy layed eyes on me) I also always have to have the last word...

"I also always have to have the last word..."

I think I married your sister.

Can you give me the "specific regulation" that states that please? I have read alot on GAF scores and relationship to whatever but have not seen a reg state this. Probably had my binders on when reading so much. Gathered 2000+ pages to review for my BVA(herniated discs).

Donka :angry:

Well, God bless Alex Humphrey! There are so few willing to fight for us on a large scale.

Speaking of the GAF score, I presented the VA with their own evidence! I sent them their own regulations as evidence for my husband. I said, "According to your own regulations for determining disability rating, I am at the 70 percent level with a GAF score of 45 at my latest evaluation, and an average GAF score of 50." I though myself quite clever for doing that, guess I'm not that clever after all.

Hey Purple, I like that t-shirt idea. We should have some made up and sell them on hadit.com!

• HadIt.com Elder

Not only will I give you the regulation, I'll give you the exact quote, too. Here it is:

http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/bookc.html#q

4.129 Mental disorders due to traumatic stress.

When a mental disorder that develops in service as a result of a highly stressful event is severe enough to bring about the veteran’s release from active military service, the rating agency shall assign an evaluation of not less than 50 percent and schedule an examination within the six month period following the veteran’s discharge to determine whether a change in evaluation is warranted. (Authority: 38 U.S.C. 1155)

Can you give me the "specific regulation" that states that please? I have read alot on GAF scores and relationship to whatever but have not seen a reg state this. Probably had my binders on when reading so much. Gathered 2000+ pages to review for my BVA(herniated discs).

Donka :angry: