VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Loosing Tdiu ?

Rate this question

naturefreak20

Question

I was awarded 90% and TDIU Oct 2003 no future exams

Have had no problems until now!

For so reason I did not receive the VA Form 21-4140 Employment Questionnaire.

It was supposedly sent out the end of May. I never received it. I have not worked

since before my TDIU rating. There is no reason in the world that I would not complete and promptly

fill out this form and send it in.

I received last week a letter stating

Reduction to a scheduler evaluation is proposed because of your failure to return the VA form 21-4140.

I am in panic mode, My new DAV SO has not really eased my nerves. I think he may be new.

I promptly filled out the proper form and went straight to the Post Office and mailed it out on Thursday,

Sept 4.

The VA letter also states

that the reduction will take place no sooner than Dec 1 2008. I have not yet received a letter

scheduling an actual exam. It does also mention that the only reason for the reduction is because of

the failure to complete the form.

My question is , am I too late am I going to loose my unemployability rating? One thing I did notice is that there seems to be conflicting addresses. I also included a handwritten letter explaing this as well as making sure my correct address was on the 21-4140 employment questionnaire. I also called the main VA number

and made sure They had the correct address.

I would appreciate any and all input,or suggestions, I just bought a ranch home and will loose my home if

my benefits are reduced. The wife and I are extremely distressed over this.

Has someone ever been through this?

Thanks in advance

Extremely nervous in PA

• Answers 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I think the VA is playing "Crack the Whip". I think it is a witch hunt. Some people at the VA and higher up believe too many vets are getting TDIU. They just want to catch you falsifying documents if you say you are not able to work and you are working. Then they can charge you with a crime. The law is not blind, nor deaf. It sees and hears the clink of money and politcal influence very well.

Thanks everyone for all the input.

I feel a little better now.

As far as my condition, it has not improved and I have not worked at all.

Once I get this straightened out I'm going to make several copies of the form and just mail one every year. May is when they said the form was mailed, so May is when one will go out yearly!

I may as suggested go to my local VA in Philadelphia, to hand deliver it. I will get it date stamped and copied. I have already mailed it but I can't afford to take the chance on it getting shoved to the bottom of a pile of papers.

Again guys thanks for all the input. My wife is also feeling a little better.

• HadIt.com Elder

This makes me think the VA is trying to bump people off TDIU. They can't do it any other way. They know some will be too sick to fight back or contest it.

nature- the VA did the same to me last year----THEY LOST THERE COPY- I mailed one copy -1 copy thru my poa -1 copy thru my service officer-(hand carried to the VA +hand delivered by POA= signed recifpt & dated============ YOU CAN ALSO FILE THIS OVER THE PHONE ALSO AS I DID TOO, by calling the va at Your federal building----

NOTE -- THEY DONT EVEN SEND A SELF ADDRESSED ENVELOPE ANY MORE-----

STEVE & PAT

• HadIt.com Elder

You need to deal w/this immediately or the reduction will take place. You need to request a hearing immediately, if not sooner. You have something like 21 days to appeal this or it will take place. It is your job to keep the VA informed of any address changes, also. jmo

pr

I was awarded 90% and TDIU Oct 2003 no future exams

Have had no problems until now!

For so reason I did not receive the VA Form 21-4140 Employment Questionnaire.

It was supposedly sent out the end of May. I never received it. I have not worked

since before my TDIU rating. There is no reason in the world that I would not complete and promptly

fill out this form and send it in.

I received last week a letter stating

Reduction to a scheduler evaluation is proposed because of your failure to return the VA form 21-4140.

I am in panic mode, My new DAV SO has not really eased my nerves. I think he may be new.

I promptly filled out the proper form and went straight to the Post Office and mailed it out on Thursday,

Sept 4.

The VA letter also states

that the reduction will take place no sooner than Dec 1 2008. I have not yet received a letter

scheduling an actual exam. It does also mention that the only reason for the reduction is because of

the failure to complete the form.

My question is , am I too late am I going to loose my unemployability rating? One thing I did notice is that there seems to be conflicting addresses. I also included a handwritten letter explaing this as well as making sure my correct address was on the 21-4140 employment questionnaire. I also called the main VA number

and made sure They had the correct address.

I would appreciate any and all input,or suggestions, I just bought a ranch home and will loose my home if

my benefits are reduced. The wife and I are extremely distressed over this.

Has someone ever been through this?

Thanks in advance

Extremely nervous in PA

Again Everyone Thanks,

I'm headed down to Philadelphia in the am.

Going to the DAV first then plan on hand delivering the 21-4140 form as well as requesting a hearing.

I was not aware that they had conflicting addresses until last week when I received the reduction notice

as well as the Reduction to a scheduler evaluation. It seems that the Philadelphia office had the wrong address and the reason I didn't know was I hadn't received any correspondence from them until last week.

I'm hoping after I explain this at the hearing( when I get one) this will straighten the whole mess out.

The one letter says I have 30 days to request a hearing from the date on the letter which is Sept 2nd 2008

However I'm taking Philip Rogers advice and taking care of it right away.

Wish me luck, 2 1/2 hour drive but considering the alternative it's obviously well worth it.

Any other suggestions before I head down would be appreciated

Thanks