Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally A Win For A Hadit Member

Rate this topic

Rockhound

We all started at a lower rate, but that is now a win for you to build on. Once in the system gives you more chances to suceed at higher levels. Good for you! :lol:

VSO called me this morning to give me the good news. Bitter/sweet as it is. My claim for an increase of my 0% SC Nasal fracture with Deviated Septum, has been increased to 10%. I was hoping for 30%, but that was a stretch at best. 10% is what I expected and could prove at this time. I'm glad they at least recognised I was having breathing problems through my nasal passages. But I felt since I had to continually take a corticosteriod and a antihistamine, that it met the higher 30% schedule for disabilities. But I am happy for now and will further document my ongoing condition and seek a more probative IMO in the future, when I have been able to put some of my award aside to pay the costs needed.

But first I need to have a bit more patience and wait for my award letter and first check, to see if I get to keep my back pay and future pay and it doesn't go to pay a bill owing on my co-pay or that they decide to hold back my pay until such time that the severance pay I got thirtyfive years ago, is paid back as I am sure they probably will, making it necessary for me to ask that they, for reason of hardship or what ever, to forgive me this amount. At 10% it would take about six years to pay back the severance amount I got back then.

I guess knowing you have won something, but not knowing how much and when you will get it, is going to be worse than the last nine months of waiting. Will post again as soon as the award letter arrives with what they have decided.

Rockhound Rider B) B) B) B) B) B) B)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a letter from VA on oct. 25-08 where they increased my disibility from 40 to 70%. That means I am climbing thr ladder, but i won't give up until i get 100%. Thanks to all of you hadit members for your help. I could not have gotten this far without the info I have got on this web site. Remember keep a copy of everything you send to VA, and all the things they send you. My desk is full of info from the VA so I am going to buy a filing cabnet. For those of you still fighting the sytem, keep fighting. You can and will win.

I'm happy for you that you won your claim. Good luck with the others to get to 100%.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use