VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu Form

Rate this question

Old 5311

Question

I started filling out the form today. My MH doc has been urging me to go IU for 3 yrs. Now that I see the Form, and all it asks, I wonder if it is possible to get schedular at all. It seems intimidating. I'm 90% and 65 yrs old. My Civil Service job has been a stressor for years but I hung in there. I will retire with 28 yrs service. My VSO has told me to be sure to put a statement on the retirement form that I am retiring due to service connected disabilities. Jan. 2 2008 is my last day. Maybe my doc will attach a statement. I'll ask him.

Hoping this will help others in the same situation.

Does anyone have helpful information regarding this Form? If so please send it.

Thanks, Old 5311

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Berta,

I will follow through with an email.

Just got through with my VSO. My instructions are the following:

1. Go ahead and leave on reg. CSRS retirement with the reason: Due to my SC disabilities. The VA will contact my employer. (Bummer)

2. File with VSO for % increase in depressive neurosis and IU Form. Only need 10%.

Not PTSD, all MH diagnosis are the same.

3. Get letters from supervisor, Spouse, co-workers regarding my conduct and job performance.

4. If response is negative then file a C & P for increase.

5. NOD

6. Appeal

If anyone has a sample letter for #6 above please try to get it to me.

Anybody willing to write a letter mor me? Let me know.

This process may take several years. A

After all there is significant attrician which favors the VA.

I hope this helps other Vets!

Thanks Again,

Edited by Old 5311

My email bounced back, full mailbox.

How can I respond, give names and remain anonymous? I too am on thin ice with my IU. Careful I don't shoot myself in the foot.

It seems we are at their mercy. Their greatest deterant to approving claims is delay and atritian. Don't we all see this coping mechanism practiced in the great percentage on this Claims and Benefit Forum?

Yes, I affirm, I was advised that the practice in this thread continues, apparently unhindered. Location: Malcom Randall VAMC, NF/SGVHS, C & P Office.

Don't feel defeated. We all know the devious scemes of management. They can do anything they want to. Be diligent, persistant, knowledable and seek wise counsel.

The bureaucrat's mandate is obvious, that is to deny claims. After months of delay we receive huge envelopes containing difficult verbage, demanding more evidence, or stating your doctor's statement is without rationale. Doctor visits aren't convenient or affordable. We must study Hadit's entries, learn and follow through with a trusted VSO.

All The Best to You!

Edited by Old 5311

Thanks to both of you. It has been foremost on my mind. After my post I concluded I would need another C&P to try to get another 10% =100%. Am I wrong? I will follow your advice. This is a major life event, retirement and the need for TDIU. Without it I will have a grim retirement, unable to stay in my houme and it is impossible to sell nowdays. The timing is another concern. I have a total knee replacement comming up soon. Retirement on Jan. 2 may have to be delayed. How long does it take to get TDIU and what is the process? Berta, I'll study your TDIU posts.

Thanks in advance.

If your are 90 percent disabled you would need an additional disability that is rated at at least 50%. This would put you at 95 percent which would be rounded to 100.

I think you should tell your VSO about the 'mandate' crap-

a VSO -who deals with this VARO should be much more concerned about this then me-

and any other vet there in Fla who knows of this practice.I am sure this shrink told other vets there the same thing.