VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disgruntled Vet Placed On Watch List

Rate this question

ROMAD

Question

I have a fellow vet student that was having difficulty at our local V.A. hospital. He went in for some surgery on his elbow and was prescribed some over the counter pain reliver.

He was concerned with being given tylenol after surgery and though he should have something stronger. Well they did not agree with him and told him tylenol would be fine. Well he told them that this was another example of getting poor service and he was going out in the hallway and let everyone know how "piss poor" his service was.

Well he did approach the advocate office to explain his displeasure and was told that he could and would be placed on a "national watch list" because of his behavior.

Now my question is do we have to bend over and take it or is there such a watch list and what effect does it have. He is stressed out about this and is drafting a four page letter to explain his point of view.

He is working on his bachelors degree in a V.A. program and is concerned about trying to get a position in the federal government. So can anyone shed some light on this? What should he do? Is an appology in order from either him or the VA? :blink:

ROMAD

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I requested a copy of my recent Psyc. notes and was told that it had to be approved by the Psyc. Dr. I said really?? I took apiece of paper, and wrote that "nothing in my Mental Health Records would be of detriment to myself or my Dr. and request these progress notes be released too me,under the FOIA.". I brought this note to the Release of Info office supervisor and was handed those Progress notes. Just my experience..Peace, William

Edited by william n

• HadIt.com Elder
Freedom of Information Act.

I use this to get a copy of all of my doctors notes, every so often. They don't want you to see them, and when you ask for them, they say "no."

However if you show up with a copy of the "Freedom of Information Act" and request your records, they have to give you everything they have on you. Use this to see if you are on the watch list, or have been flagged.

It is retarded, but by law, you may not see some of the records they have on you. For example doctors notes from a CMP (compensation and pension examination), when you request to see them, they will tell you "no." Walk in with a copy of the "Freedom of Information Act," and they can print them out on the spot for you.

Well, they are going to tell you "no" anytime you ask for personal medical records WITHOUT the signed Freedom of Information Act release form.

As well they should, BTW.