VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Embarrasing Question

Rate this question

octdevildog

Question

Has anyone had a problem with hemorrhoids? I seen a Procto, about a year ago and had a colonoscopy (sic) done. He told me i had rhoids, but also a fissure tear, he wanted to do surgery and after he told me how bad it would hurt i said what are my other options....eat more fiber....well i do that but still have the problems. I just can not have that surgery, anyone i've ever talked to said it is not even worth it. So can i seek treatment from the va i was seen while i was still in and diagnoised (active duty), so is this a service connected disability? I can not find any info online except for people with hemorrhoids in Virgina.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The thing is that if you have a opening in the tissue you could get an infection and really be up "shit's creek" so to say. I would keep trying to find someone who has an alternative.

• HadIt.com Elder

Another, much more painful thing could happen with those. The "rhoids" you have could become thrombosed, then you have NO CHOICE but to have them lanced.... and that, is worse than delivering a child without an epidural. I can assure you, it is worse. I'm sorry that was not the answer to your question, but that's just what I know about them. I haven't had the money to have the "full surgery" I just get them lanced when they become thrombosed. And you're right, it is VERY embarrassing. My mother thought my entire extended family should know about my "problem" during my pregnancy three years ago. I've not lived it down yet. :P

Has anyone had a problem with hemorrhoids? I seen a Procto, about a year ago and had a colonoscopy (sic) done. He told me i had rhoids, but also a fissure tear, he wanted to do surgery and after he told me how bad it would hurt i said what are my other options....eat more fiber....well i do that but still have the problems. I just can not have that surgery, anyone i've ever talked to said it is not even worth it. So can i seek treatment from the va i was seen while i was still in and diagnoised (active duty), so is this a service connected disability? I can not find any info online except for people with hemorrhoids in Virgina.
Edited by SouthernBelle

• HadIt.com Elder

I had that problem, I also had a really "up-to-date" proctologist, a young feller.

He "banded" my 'rhoids. Put really tight rubber-band thingeys on the 'rhoids, slips 'em over the 'rhoid with an expansion device then releases them to contract about the 'rhoid's base. Cuts of the blood supply to the 'rhoid, it "dies" and, well, I guess it falls off, at least mine disappeared. Six of 'em, did two at each office visit. Just bend over and think pleasant thoughts while he's doing the procedure, no pain, no problema, no anesthetic................it felt really funny for the first two or three days, kinda like someone had a rubber-band around your ass..... :P

• HadIt.com Elder

7336 Hemorrhoids, external or internal:

With persistent bleeding and with secondary anemia, or with fissures 20

Large or thrombotic, irreducible, with excessive redundant tissue, evidencing frequent recurrences 10

Mild or moderate 0

If it is in your Medical Record or SMR go for it.

J

octdevildog,

Under 38 C.F.R. Section 4.114, Diagnostic Code 7336...

a 20 percent evaluation is assigned when there is evidence of hemorrhoids, either external or internal, with persistent bleeding and with secondary anemia or fissures. A 10 percent evaluation is assigned when there is evidence of large or thrombotic, irreducible hemorrhoids with excessive redundant tissue evidencing frequent recurrences.

When you go for your exam make sure you tell the doctor how often you have problems, describe the pain (as felt on your worst day) and describe any bleeding or possibly even fecal leakage you might have also. If you take meds to relieve the pain or swelling, the effect the pain or meds have on you (tired, sleepy, unable to sleep, unable to concentrate or drive or sit, hyper, irritable, stomachache, whatever). The raters are supposed to take into account how they affect your daily life, including employment. If you have to wear a pad due to bleeding, fecal leakage, etc...

As embarrassing as it is, this info is important to your claim.

If they cause fecal leakage (which they sometime do), you should also be service connected for DC 7332 (which provides for higher percentages), so ask for that also if appropriate.

Best of luck to you.

Bro,

Next thing you have to remember is this, no matter how embarrassing an issue is, if not treated, it can/will get worse.

As a person, we are all human and can get the same thing or worse, so it's best not to laugh at the person or their problems.

As a doctor, he/she should be professional enough, to not laugh and understand your discomfort of the exam and having to discuss it.

JMHO

Whoop