Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied

Rate this question

SouthernBelle

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

THEY DIDN'T EVEN USE THE LETTER FROM THE DOCTOR!!! WTF?!?!

Here's what my Congressional contact said to do:

File to reopen the claim instead of appealing the decision on the appeal. He said because they failed to use the LETTER from the doctor that it can be considered NEW AND MATERIAL EVIDENCE. I'm so pissed I can't see straight.

Edited by SouthernBelle

We should be angry, but kind; demanding, but polite; and firm but soft-spoken.

SouthernBelle

• Answers 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

SouthernBelle-

If I understand this right, your husband was filing for an increase (wanting IU?) for PTSD...is that correct? I read back on another post that a doc had written a letter saying that he could not hold gainful employment. That is good that the doc did that.

Don't be upset with me, I'm just going to play devil's advocate here.

Yet he goes to school. Is he in school full-time or part-time? From the VA's perspective they may be thinking that if he is able to attend school and handle the stressors of school, then he would be able to handle a job.

I agree it's wrong for the VA to think like this. But you have to remember who you are dealing with. Just something to consider.

It has been in Atlanta the entire time. Never left Atlanta, he just wants to KEEP it there so he can help us (that's their story) Our VSO was a GA State Department guy... hence the BAD ADVICE.

Lawyer up on the VARO. its been my experience here when Lawyers get in, they lock'um down it may cost some of your retro but like they say here a % of something is better than 100% of nothing plus you wont have to drive to deal with the crap....

GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTON, JR.

"Do more than is required of you."

• HadIt.com Elder

The school wrote a letter outlining all the things they do to accomodate his needs. His classes are VERY small, or online; he has special tutors that help with retention and they take him out of classes and teach him privately if the class gets too full for him to handle. They outlined all this for the VA. That letter was also not used. The doctor also explained in his letter what he asked the school to do for him so he can continue. If they weren't so helpful at the school, he wouldn't be able to go.

SouthernBelle-

If I understand this right, your husband was filing for an increase (wanting IU?) for PTSD...is that correct? I read back on another post that a doc had written a letter saying that he could not hold gainful employment. That is good that the doc did that.

Don't be upset with me, I'm just going to play devil's advocate here.

Yet he goes to school. Is he in school full-time or part-time? From the VA's perspective they may be thinking that if he is able to attend school and handle the stressors of school, then he would be able to handle a job.

I agree it's wrong for the VA to think like this. But you have to remember who you are dealing with. Just something to consider.

SouthernBelle

• HadIt.com Elder

I've been back and forth to Atlanta because of my husband's crazy family, not to deal with VA. I almost wish I had been there to deal with VA instead... Sad sad sad.

Lawyer up on the VARO. its been my experience here when Lawyers get in, they lock'um down it may cost some of your retro but like they say here a % of something is better than 100% of nothing plus you wont have to drive to deal with the crap....

SouthernBelle

I am so sorry for you and your Family SB was your rep at GASDVS.Dan Cravey or George Langford his supervisor?They revoked POA once I started to research and ask questions they dont like that. at all.Also complaining to Commissioner Wheelers office will only get you the same High school antics I do suggest you look for Counsel at this point. Utilizing local resources near where you live is an option.OMG i feel for you folks if i had known Ga state VS was your represenative I would have informed you otherwise.I know time is of the essence but you have no choice but to be patient. Try social services if need be? Good luck This is most difficult on children espicially to see grown ups dealing with a impossible situation. I wish i could do more for you and your family.

Funny isn't it the ones with nothing want the most from those that are gone or going. If I heard it once I have heard it a bunch I have family like this too, I think we all do. greed honey they don't have it and will do any thing bad to get it, it make me sick too. they were never there for the bad times and to care for someone in such bad shape but there there to capitalize on there own gain and do it undercover of darkness......

GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTON, JR.

"Do more than is required of you."