Ugly Denial Letter

Rate this question

gp747

Question

you are already sick wanting to die but dont know how,

broke, live in a rundown shack,scared about the future,

and your last hope to live a somewhat better life and

be able to get the medical care you need is denied. but

it is not enough for them to just deny you .

they have to add what a bum they think you are in their

subtle,but not so subtle way. and how you brought this on

yourself

and how dare you even think you deserve this.to hell with the

medical evidence for 38 years we got who can sum it up in 30 minutes

and that is what we are going by.

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Use the force, Larry

From Skunk's first reply:

"...crap like wanting to blame stuff on my parents."

"...they really go overboard about alcohol."

"...my last c and p i got 30% examiner said alcohol had been a form of

self medication for me and was part of my illness."

It's a MH claim (I think), and the VA has a bad way of using every little thing we said and turning it against us. That, coupled with the denial itself, makes most of feel like it is personal.

That the way I seen it..Rick

GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTON, JR.

"Do more than is required of you."

• HadIt.com Elder
That the way I seen it..Rick

So, skunk is saying the VA sent him a denial letter.........blaming "stuff" on his parents and his alcohol consumption/self-medication?

I guess I'm kinda simple minded and have trouble with the "blaming stuff on my parents" statement. I know darn good and well that the VA didn't send a letter out blaming skunk's problems on his parents.

And, if alcohol IS a form of self-medication for skunk, then it should be a part of his C&P for a mental health claim. Just as if he wore a brace for an ankle claim.

And, if alcohol IS a part of skunk's illness, then the VA should get ready to start treating him for his illness, and, if he hasn't made this a part of his claim process, then he should!

BTW, 80% of my 100% is for mental health, and, yes, I agree, they do seem overly interested in turning all that you say "inside-out". I should know.......I've been down that road.

But, most of what they DO say........well, it's true, or it was for me.

I'm a grown man, but by the time I got through with the last C&P, I was a bawling, blubbering idgit.

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

So, skunk is saying the VA sent him a denial letter.........blaming "stuff" on his parents and his alcohol consumption/self-medication?

I guess I'm kinda simple minded and have trouble with the "blaming stuff on my parents" statement. I know darn good and well that the VA didn't send a letter out blaming skunk's problems on his parents.

And, if alcohol IS a form of self-medication for skunk, then it should be a part of his C&P for a mental health claim. Just as if he wore a brace for an ankle claim.

And, if alcohol IS a part of skunk's illness, then the VA should get ready to start treating him for his illness, and, if he hasn't made this a part of his claim process, then he should!

BTW, 80% of my 100% is for mental health, and, yes, I agree, they do seem overly interested in turning all that you say "inside-out". I should know.......I've been down that road.

But, most of what they DO say........well, it's true, or it was for me.

I'm a grown man, but by the time I got through with the last C&P, I was a bawling, blubbering idgit.

I am also a grown man and I also cried during my mental examination. I really did not wamt to talk about certain issues, but the physician persisted. Anyway, before I walked into his office--I could tell that he had made up his mind about me. Certain questions that are mandatory during a mental exam were never asked during the session. I soon discovered that this physician is a chronic denial. I am in the process of gathering adequate information to be reconsidered for my mental disability.

I know I was hysterical when my wife removed my testicles, but then I later found them in her purse, so I am ok now.

we have to laugh...right? :lol:

Hey, as long as she lets you play with them once in awhile if you're a good boy, then............. :P :)

Skunk- can you tell us exactly how the VA worded the denial?

Many here know exactly how you feel-

I got one once that threw me into a deep crevice of despair-10 years ago-

I have had to read it many times since then - as it became good evidence for my recent claim as many past denial statements in prior SOCs did -as well-

it still gives me shivers-but I have contacted the VA doctor who prepared it and he agrees totally with my present claim.He had only been given a partial C file and none of my medical evidence when the VA asked him twice to opine on an older claim I had.I have no anger at all towards him today-and he agreed I had totally knocked his opinions down with the evidence he never had.

I was only in that crevice of despair for about an hour- and immediately planned an avenue of attack.And won that claim.

I would not allow the VA to depress me and they sure would not make me want to give up.

We need to know how they worded the denial and -you get SSI I think? did they consider your SSI records?

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.