Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Neck Question

Rate this question

bufloguy

Question

Just got the results back for an MRI on my neck, but I don't see the Dr. for several weeks. Could someone please let me know what the results mean? Thanks in advance!

FINDINGS: Alignment of the spine is normal. Thecal sac is normal at craniovertebral junction, Cl-2 and C2-3.

At C3-4, neural foramina are normal. No spinal stenosis is seen.

At C4-5, mild foraminal narrowing is present. There is a small posterior spur with mild protrusion of disc causing mild compression of thecal sac.

At C5-6, disc osteophyte complex noted because of cervical spondylosis, more prominent to the left causing mild compression of thecal sac. The right neural foramen is normal. Mile left foraminal narrowing is present.

At C6-7, large extruded disc is seen located posterior and central causing spinal canal stenosis and cord compression. Neural foramina have adequate size.

At C7-T1, small posterior and central disc protrusion is seen causing mild compression of thecal sac. Neural foramina are normal.

Impression:

1. Large extruded disc at C6-7 located posterior and central

causing cord compression.

2. Mild changes of cervical spondylosis at C4-5, C5-6 causing

mild compression of thecal sac.

3. Mild foraminal narrowing at C4-5 and mild narrowing of the

left C5-6 neural foramen.

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

i know i've said this before....now pardon me while i get "preachy"!!! trust me on this....you guys have got to try a chiropractor!!!

my neck was toast recently due to a car accident...all the VA docs would do was hand me a bottle of muscle relaxers and tell me they were going to schedule me for PT (been that route with my back....no thanks)....so i'm seeing a chiro doc and WOW!!! (the other driver's insurance is paying for it).

it works....pain gone in just a couple of weeks...ROM almost back to normal....it's wonderful!!!

don't be afraid, it doesn't hurt.

• HadIt.com Elder

you have to be careful with chiropractors. They really help some folks, but the last two times I went to one, I was unable to use my legs for about a week afterwards. It really depends on what condition you have in your back as to whether chiropractic will help or do more harm. With spinal stenosis it definitely does more harm. It further compresses the spinal cord and nerve roots for a period of time.

• In Memoriam

I did see a chiropractor from 1971 to 1997. Chiropractors are good. This was the only way I could keep working a good job. If the injuries would have been noticed I would not even have been hired. The pain was horrible from time to time, but I couldn't have the kind of family, that I wanted, if I went on Compensation.

I worked most of the years in business for myself. There are 70% of veterans, in business for themselves, that are one-man operations. I posted this a few years ago on Hadit. Guess why?????

I have lost 3" in height according to the VA over the years. I don't even know how this is possible. I was 6' 4 3/4" in service, now the VA says that I am 6' 2". Maybe one of those medieval rack/stretchers could help, but I don't think so.

It is my opinion that Toxic Chemical Exposure causes spinal degeneration and as a result shortens live spans. Injuries added to spinal degeneration means Pain that can't be out run.

• HadIt.com Elder

Sretch, C4 and C5 aint too pretty are they?With cord compression, any sudden movement or sublaxation, or turning of any kind will put you on your knees very similar to being jolted by an electric current.

If you let this ride, get repeat films and Mri's very often, 3 to 6 month intervals. Be very careful and If I were you I would wear a neck brace. No sense flopping on the floor like a hooked fish if you can help not to.

I am no doctor but I imagine they are fighting over you.

Good luck,

J