VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I Continue The Fight?

Rate this question

Alb

Question

I was told by a service officer, that I should not fight for any other claims, since I am already rated at 100% PTSD. He said I would not get any more money. I have a claim in for neck and back (recurrent) sprains. My ROM is bad, but the VA states my condition has cleared up and it is now degenerative disc disease. I appealed this because no x-rays were taken at the time of the injury. I was in a moving vehicle accident. I have been seeing a private neurologist and pain management doctor for years. These medical notes were part of the evidence I sent in for my claim. Still was denined. Also have a claim in for secondary medical to a rhinoplasty (nose) that had been operated on twice while in the service, and now the VA docs say I need another operation so I can breath through my nose, less crustation /congestion and sinus problems. I also have a disfigurement of my nostrils from this surgery. Should I continue to fight for compensation, when I am already at 100% for PTSD? :lol:

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Down the road if you hit them enough you may become eligible for special monthly compensation ratings if your ratings are either high enough or severe enough to warrant it.

Is your rating schedular or is it 70 with IU?

J

• HadIt.com Elder

If the claims are valid claims, I would continue their prosecution. As jbasser stated you can receive an increase in income, in the form of SMC, which could be an additional $300+/- a month. jmo

pr

Down the road if you hit them enough you may become eligible for special monthly compensation ratings if your ratings are either high enough or severe enough to warrant it.

J

J

No, my rating is schedular. Does this mean something different if its schedular or 70 with IU?

• HadIt.com Elder

I've heard many question why a 100% schedular vet would want to rock the boat. I've heard that if you file new claims after getting the 100% rating it will cause them to call you back in for a new C&P ans possibly cost you your rating. What these folks don't seem to recognize is that you're going to get called in for another C&P at some point anyway. If your disability still reflects the 100% criteria, then you'll keep that rating, if not you'll get lowered. If you get lowered, it sure would be nice to have a few more ratings in there to boost it back up to a combined 100% rating, right? File the claims, but know all of your conditions inside and out, and know all of the rating criteria for each condition inside and out.

• HadIt.com Elder
I've heard many question why a 100% schedular vet would want to rock the boat. I've heard that if you file new claims after getting the 100% rating it will cause them to call you back in for a new C&P ans possibly cost you your rating. What these folks don't seem to recognize is that you're going to get called in for another C&P at some point anyway. If your disability still reflects the 100% criteria, then you'll keep that rating, if not you'll get lowered. If you get lowered, it sure would be nice to have a few more ratings in there to boost it back up to a combined 100% rating, right? File the claims, but know all of your conditions inside and out, and know all of the rating criteria for each condition inside and out.

I agree with rentalguy. My thinking is the same, they lower one than the other one pops back up.

I won't stop fighting until all my claims are properly dealt with and the longer I wait the stronger my resolve. Jim Strickland's last post was saying that TDIU might be better off not rocking the boat.